It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A True Survival Story.Meet the Only Man to Ever Be Hit With Two Atomic Bombs and Make It Out Alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Now this is a true Survivor.

and the article,

Yamaguchi was lucky, though he suffered severe burns, he was able to escape the city by train after the blast and head back to his hometown... Nagasaki.
Meet the Only Man to Ever Be Hit With Two Atomic Bombs and Make It Out Alive

and one from NPR in 2012, that raise the question about having children after surviving a blast.

Japanese researchers later learned that roughly 150 people were unlucky enough to be in both in Nagasaki and Hiroshima when the bombs hit, but very few, only a handful, were in both blast zones, within 1.5 mile zone of intense radiation. Across Japan, the assumption was that these people shouldn't have children, that the gamma ray damage would be too heavy, too long-lasting to make child bearing safe.
If You Are Hit By Two Atomic Bombs, Should You Have Kids?

so it seems that 150 people lived through both blasts, i wonder how hard it must have had to be to live with that all your life? or if maybe their children went on to be someone who was meant to do something important with their lives? i got a lot more questions i could ask, it just amazes me that that many people survived both blasts.
edit on 7-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Now these stories hit a little closer to home for me lately. Just last year we found out on the wife's side her grandfather had a child while stationed in Okinawa. And just this spring we got to meet him and his son when they came here to visit. Everyday the world gets smaller and smaller....

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

nothing like meeting long lost or unknown relatives.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Wow, he's living history. Hope he's far out of harms way of Fukushima-or the farthest he can be. As all that had to have been tough on his body.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

sadly he passed away in 2010 at the age of 93 from stomach cancer.

top topics

join