It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.3 Alaska, widely felt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Deep but definitely noticed, ..felt strongly I'd imagine there will be some damage, hopefully no injuries..

#Alaska (My moose just died hah

*mouse. My mouse died,
edit on 28-7-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

details:

2015-07-29 02:35:58 (UTC)
2015-07-28 21:35:58 (UTC-05:00) in your timezone
Times in other timezones
Nearby Cities
68km (42mi) SSW of Redoubt Volcano, Alaska
227km (141mi) SW of Anchorage, Alaska
261km (162mi) SW of Knik-Fairview, Alaska
615km (382mi) SSW of College, Alaska
997km (620mi) W of Whitehorse, Canada
edit on July 28th 2015 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

So sorry for your loose. I mean loss. Sorry for your loss.

Any tsunami warnings?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

edit on 28-7-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

No word on a tsunami.
Ironic though, that the typo would be moose.

(off topic) Im having a problem copying and pasting addies, without my moose. I can highlight it (the addy) but cant get the copy/paste option when I click on the right side button beside the pad,

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

Im having a problem copying and pasting addies, without my moose.

I hate it when that happens.

good luck with any aftershocks, and keep us posted if it's traced back to the volcano. The earthquake, not the moose.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I called it...

I said, "That was a 5.8 to 6.2..."

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Keep us posted, please. Hope no serious injuries, casualties or destruction. Mother Nature is not happy these days.

(Another mouse will come along. )

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Deep but definitely noticed, ..felt strongly I'd imagine there will be some damage, hopefully no injuries..

#Alaska (My moose just died hah

*mouse. My mouse died,

yeah I thought that while i was in my truck I was going absolutely crazy thinking kids were rocking my truck in the intersection or than 100 mile an hour breeze just came through.

I love it...The 7.2 was probably my favorite on the golf course 50 some plus men had heart attacks that day:.. Hehehe

Zero damage
edit on 29-7-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: Pronunciation

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

No word on a tsunami.
Ironic though, that the typo would be moose.

(off topic) Im having a problem copying and pasting addies, without my moose. I can highlight it (the addy) but cant get the copy/paste option when I click on the right side button beside the pad,

Sorry if I'm a little late with this, but you can press control+c to copy and control+v to paste.

If you're on a Mac, press command+c to copy and command+v to paste.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Ooh yeah

I felt the the heck out of that baby! There's a chance it was the strongest EQ I've ever been through. For us it started off real mellow for quite awhile, I was not totally sure it was even a quake at first. Then it started Rockin and Rollin for real!

Once it got heavy I snapped into "let's not die today" mode and booked it outside enroute to the lower parking lot (I was on the second story of our new pad) luckily I had a pair of shorts sitting right in the middle of the floor cause I was fully about to head out in my boxers.

Before we even made it downstairs things calmed down and we've been chilling ever since. Ready to bail again just in case Gaia feels the need to freak out again.

The scariest part was that when I first looked it up I read it wrong and thought the 6.2 happened right at Redoubt, not 40 miles away. I can only imagine a 6.2 with an awake volcano as the epicenter could be a pretty dangerous situation.

I am glad I felt it, I get pretty amped when mother nature shows off her raw power. I say that with a bit of ignorance due to lack of experience, because I'm sure if it was much larger, really did take down the house or cover us in ash I'd probably be singing a different tune.

I would not freeze in fear or panic though, I'm still an adrenaline feind, and confident in my survival instincts.

I wonder if there will be more? apparently the city delivered a advisory for citizens to remain vigilant and prepared for the next week.

42 miles from redoubt is pretty close
I wonder if she'll be throwing a tantrum anytime soon? Interesting times abound.........

edit on 29-7-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
6.9 yesterday.
Wasn't this one near the Redoubt Volcano?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
6.9 yesterday.

Yes. 6.2? 6.3? 6.6? 6.9?....

They keep changing the number, lol

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

6.9 yesterday.

Color me slightly confused. Are you talking about the 6.3 near Redoubt on the 28th, or the 5.1 around Willow on the 25th, or the 6.9 near Nikolski in the Aleutians on the 27th? If you're talking about the Aleutians one, that's a good what, 500 or more miles SW.

Edit: Ok, the 6.9'er is closer to 1000 miles from the Anchorage area, so about 900 or thereabouts from Mt Redoubt.
edit on 7/29/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

6.9 yesterday.

Color me slightly confused. Are you talking about the 6.3 near Redoubt on the 28th, or the 5.1 around Willow on the 25th, or the 6.9 near Nikolski in the Aleutians on the 27th? If you're talking about the Aleutians one, that's a good what, 500 or more miles SW.

Edit: Ok, the 6.9'er is closer to 1000 miles from the Anchorage area, so about 900 or thereabouts from Mt Redoubt.

I didn't mean the 6.9 was near redoubt. I think I meant the one being discussed here. Not really sure now, but there was one near redoubt

On July 28 there was a 6.3 SSW of redoubt volcano
edit on 2-8-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

6.9 yesterday.

I didn't mean the 6.9 was near redoubt. I think I meant the one being discussed here. Not really sure now, but there was one near redoubt

On July 28 there was a 6.3 SSW of redoubt volcano

42 miles near Redoubt I believe. 8 from illimania......

I'm still stoked about how strongly I felt that thing, biggest quake I have felt here that I can remember. Wondering when the next big one will be

top topics

join