It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami: Palmist Forewarned British Tourists The Day Before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I wonder if the palmist guy made it. Sure would be interesting to interview him about how he knew. It was a specific warning too. Wierd.

From Article:
Some British survivors began to arrive home yesterday. Nurse Debbie Bates, 39, from Wokingham, Surrey, told how a fortune-teller's prediction came true.

She was having breakfast at her hotel in the Sri Lankan resort of Ahungala when the first giant wave struck.

She said: 'I saw a palmist the day before. He said, 'Stay out of the sea, big wave coming.' At the time, I thought it was a joke - now I just think it is freaky.'

Dailyrecord

Also at:
www.guardian.co.uk...

and:
news.scotsman.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hmm... well, could be true, still kinda vague. I think I saw a few different psychic predictions along the lines of a "natural disaster" around the holidays, and I believe Sylvia Brown said to stay away from India/Pakistan in 2004-2005...

Anyway, here's what I think- It would be hard to see something like a wave/natural disaster in one's palm going by traditional reading methods, but a genuine psychic can connect to what is going on more by looking at and touching the palm (to tap into someone's energies) as opposed to actually reading it. If that makese sense.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know if the palmist survived, if he was in the area. If he was a palmist by the sea, he might give that same advice to all tourists, as there are waves, big waves, and tsunamis.

[edit on 04/12/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yes, I see what you are saying. So who's energy was used then to make the prediction? The palmist's or the Lady's?

But this is still pretty strange, considering that it was a specific warning, the day before, about the big wave, to stay out of the water, in a tourist resort where the beach and the water are the main attraction. If that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, I googled some psychic predictions to see if anyone picked up on the tsunami. One did, sort of:

www.dajuana.com...

www.grassyknoll.homestead.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yes, I see what you are saying. So who's energy was used then to make the prediction? The palmist's or the Lady's?

The energies surrounding the subject of the reading (most likely). It depends on how the psychic receives insights. A good psychic, ideally, should be able to receive messages that the client needs to hear.

Well, I wont argue with the strangeness of it... I am not doubting Grady's thoughts either.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
As it turns out, scientists from the University of Madrid predicted this quake on December 6th. They were off by a couple of weeks and a few degrees longitude and latitude, but when you consider that the geologic community was taken completely off guard, not even considering the location of the event to be likely, it is really quite amazing:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 04/12/29 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join