It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious security flaw in Android smartphones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Because (imo) the developers of the phone operating systems are so damn anxious to get their stuff to market, the code is poorly-written and totally unsecure. This latest debacle should come as no surprise.

The phone owner doesn't even have to interact with the phone for the exploit to work.
You don't have to open an app, open a message,...nothing! The phone need only receive the message sent by the hacker.

Researchers have uncovered a security bug leaving 95% of Android smartphone and tablet users open to attack.

Source

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thread duplicate. The other is about 10 below this in New Forum. Sorry!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Thanks.
Here come the mods!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thread duplicate. The other is about 10 below this in New Forum. Sorry!

Correct.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I heard something about auto manufacturers, too. Cars are so advanced and the rush to market so pressured that cars are more vulnerable to hacking than ever.

I guess that applies to literally everything. Used to be you had to break into something to steal it.

As far as personal devices like computers and phones, tough luck, you though they were secure from anyone spying on you?

Not just "hackers" either. The gubment wants your information; what you say, what you know, what you think.

Everyone is a threat to their power base, you're all terrorists until proven otherwise.

Don't you know thats why they started the war on terror in the first place. Everyone is an enemy to the ones that want to control the world.

Now go out and buy the latest device, you haaaave to.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hey, did you know that McDonalds only zaps its food in a microwave nowadays.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
By design I'm sure.

Download an app, it wants all thus permission over your device.

Use Google Chrome, activate your microphone.

It was even said that your phone is still "on" even when it's powered off, the only to stop is taking the battery out.

All in all, these people are freaking creeps! Why do they want such access to my privacy day in and day out?

Call me up. You wanna know me? Let's sit down and have a beverage... otherwise leave my privacy alone.

join