It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expedition To Study Global Warming Put On Hold Because Of TOO MUCH ICE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

I just happen to be in the camp that believes that there are also larger natural-based forces at work in the present - and discussion about these factors...and how they should be worked into the prediction models...are getting drowned out by the man-made climate change crowd, who like to throw around derisive labels like "denier" if anyone has any other ideas they feel should be considered.

And your top one would be what exactly. No point making a statement like this without stating what these forces are. If they have indeed been drowned out then here's your chance to state what they are.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: mobiusmale

I just happen to be in the camp that believes that there are also larger natural-based forces at work in the present - and discussion about these factors...and how they should be worked into the prediction models...are getting drowned out by the man-made climate change crowd, who like to throw around derisive labels like "denier" if anyone has any other ideas they feel should be considered.

And your top one would be what exactly. No point making a statement like this without stating what these forces are. If they have indeed been drowned out then here's your chance to state what they are.

I suppose if I had to pick one, it would be the influence of changes in the amount and types of solar energies reaching the Earth...which effects are still far from being completely understood.

Understanding the sun-climate connection requires a breadth of expertise in fields such as plasma physics, solar activity, atmospheric chemistry and fluid dynamics, energetic particle physics, and even terrestrial history. No single researcher has the full range of knowledge required to solve the problem.

Of particular importance is the sun's extreme ultraviolet (EUV) radiation, which peaks during the years around solar maximum. Within the relatively narrow band of EUV wavelengths, the sun’s output varies not by a minuscule 0.1%, but by whopping factors of 10 or more. This can strongly affect the chemistry and thermal structure of the upper atmosphere.

Some attendees stressed the need to put sun-climate data in standard formats and make them widely available for multidisciplinary study. Because the mechanisms for the sun’s influence on climate are complicated, researchers from many fields will have to work together to successfully model them and compare competing results. Continued and improved collaboration between NASA, NOAA and the NSF are keys to this process.

Sun's Effect on Climate

Given that researchers do not have a complete understanding of the ways, and the extents, of the Sun's influence on cyclical changes in the Earth's climate - I think it is fair to say that we cannot yet state with any degree of certainty, to what extent (or percentage) human influences are responsible for current conditions.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

You obviously have no idea how this (stuck in ice) happens. It's not due to top much ice. Do some research before you honk your horn please.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: br0ker
a reply to: mobiusmale

You obviously have no idea how this (stuck in ice) happens. It's not due to top much ice. Do some research before you honk your horn please.

I suppose I have assumed that ships get stuck in the ice...because there is too much thick ice. Do tell why it is that the volume of ice has no bearing on ships getting stuck in the ice.

These incidents were/are of particular note because there usually is no ice for them to get stuck in this time of year...assuming, of course, that ships do in fact get stuck in the ice, if there is too much of it for them to be able to move through.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join