It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA basically announced there's no doubt life exist on other planets Kepler 452-b

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The major problem I have with the OP's logic is that he is trying to make a statement of fact by using methods that are usually reserved for finding evidence to prove a theory. The theoretical idea that ET life most likely exists has not been in question for a long time -- there is plenty of circumstantial evidence that science has collected over the years that tells us life most likely exists (and that theoretical evidence has been around for years -- not just because of Kepler 352-A)

For example, I can use the scientific method in order to prove a theory that spot leopards could exist. I could do this by examining the DNA of leopards in general, study the mechanisms for how spots form, and learning about other variations in markings of leopards and other big cats. By doing this laboratory and data-gathering work, I could form a theory backed up by the evidence that I collected that says it is very possible for a non-spotted leopard to exist...

...However, even though the evidence tells me they most likely can exist, I can never know if they do exists until someone finds one.

So the better way to find a non-spotted leopard is to search for one. You can provide as much evidence as you want that they theoretically can exist, but that still wouldn't mean that they exist. Non-spotted leopards would remain only to be theoretic.

If you want to prove ET exists beyond the theoretical evidence we already have, than find some hard evidence. There is certainly enough theoretical evidence that most likely exists, but until the find direct hard proof, the existence of ET is just theoretical.

By the way, non-spotted leopards are extremely rare, but have been seen.

edit on 8/1/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: 321Go
Neo, you are so confused about definitions. Everyone knows what they are talking about, in definitive terms, except you.

For clarity, can you please state exactly what evidence you claim to be quoting? By evidence I mean scientific evidence.

You guys simply don't understand how Science works and it's obvious you guys have never been in an actual debate about Science outside of a message board.

Let's see... I have one of these....

Do you?

Because until you know, you've collected a few of these I don't think you can level that criticism. Sorry but I had to say it. This was just too funny to let go by.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I'm calling it; neoholographic is going to use the "Photoshop" card.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kojiro

I wouldn't be surprised. Either that, or go on some rant about how the University is run by the evil shadow government and is intentionally teaching falsehoods.
edit on 8/8/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Again, there's no doubt that life exists on other planets unless life on Earth was specially created and the Creator didn't create any life anywhere else in the universe.

But in his design that planet could have been made ready for humanity step off of earth once we maxed our population.
There could be dinosaurs on that planet right now. It still might happen, the creators vision for the universe hasn't changed but was merely delayed, by some really stupid greedy spirits and people.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join