It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5,000 nude anti-LGBT protesters to greet Obama in Kenya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: beezzer

Sounds like a painful protest...

It'd be a protest that would be hard to pass.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Dunno, I've never wanted to visit the place, but peeing on that tree...that's kinda funny.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thanks Kenya, this should be highly educational!
Since I've never been in the women's locker room, or skinny-dipped with women, I've been wondering about the difference myself.
I can't say I'm holding my breath in anticipation, but it should be enlightening.

The Victorian missionaries and administrators dressed the indigenous people of the tropics in silly Western clothing, but they also brought the first laws against homosexuality.
Therefore, in this case they surely would have applauded the moral spectacle with stiff upper lips.

I hope the news channels show me the full Monty (and not just from the back - I've heard rumors it's pretty much the same, give or take some curvature) and don't leave me in the dark again.

Just frightened it might cause something Freudian, like an instant Oedipus complex or something.
No time for that at my age.
edit on 22-7-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

It's a shame all 5000 protesters can't just piss on him. It might have a more substantial meaning and impact. Getting all naked and jiggly though, that is a bit over the top, but they do have the right to express themselves.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/22.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I couldn't possibly make up the Headlines I read today, whoa, good find.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, no one can say they aren't serious about their ideals.

Was their seriousness ever in question? Isn't that the same place that proposed laws to stone to death people who were gay?

I can't remember. Quite possible. At least this isn't killing anyone! Too much of that in some parts of the world.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Massive influx of nude stills for gays and straights alike, INCOMING! Thanks Kenya

This is just stupid. But you bet your sweet arse I'll be ogling any uncensored pictures. If they're dumb enough to put their junk on display, I'm gonna look.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Glad to see Obama drives a rice rocket - sweet rims. Lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

What don't you approve of the Lifestyle?

I've never gotten that

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So countless men are going to show how much they hate homosexuality by showing our president their penises. Yeah... that's a totally straight thing to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Kenya is a bit of a mixed bag, with conservatives who proposed similar legislation as Uganda's "kill the gays" bill.
While laws against gay sex are still on the penal code (with a prison term of up to 14 years for male homosexuality), a gay and lesbian organization also won the right to organize and register as an NGO by the country's high court in April this year.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The attitude to nudity seems even more conflicting, as Kenya is one of several African countries where women have been attacked by conservative men for wearing miniskirts on the basis of "tempting" them.
In South Africa this has also happened in tribal areas where people still wore very little a few decades back.
The reinvention of African societies as highly moral (more moral than the West) is an interesting phenomenon, especially when it comes to women's clothing, although at least in parts of Kenya there is resistance from women.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
In South Africa we've also had some African mega-church pastors ordering their congregations to strip naked, in what appear to be cases of cultural hysteria, and a clash between the old and the new.
www.enca.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
How is Barry going to read the teleprompter with all those dangling participles about?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Obama didn't pass the law the SCOTUS did. It was also passed here and not Kenya so they aren't effected by it.

What a bunch of idiots.

Choose your battles better next time folks. This changes nothing.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo
I suppose they were hoping to impress President Obama with the women, perhaps as Captain Cook might have been in the Pacific.
Well, a century or so ago it might have been the average local welcoming party.

"Nudity" has been used as a protest by indigenous peoples before, and I'm not sure Prince Charles and Princess Di were actually aware they were being insulted when they were mooned by a Maori activist in 1981.
One also sees glimpses of South American Amazonian tribes, or our local Khoisan people protesting in traditional clothing, and while female toplessness still shocks, there has always been a loin-cloth or some body paint.
Of course, the irony is that at least in Africa, nudity has become unacceptable for the local tribes (with a few rural exceptions who cling staunchly to their traditions), while in the West men and women are demanding to go topless equally, and the taboo is waning.
It is not an insignificant role-reversal regarding attitudes to nudity, shame and so forth.

I get the feeling though that conservative groups are outraged that President Obama is seen as a "son of the Kenyan soil", and hasn't spoken out against gay rights and marriage equality.
www.mambaonline.com...
There's a huge conflation between fundamentalist Christianity and Islam, and "African values", which most anthropological and historical scholars would say is actually quite recent, and the result of contemporary and colonial religious propaganda, rather than anything traceably "traditional".
Nevertheless, these groups view homophobia as quintessentially "African" (and homosexuality as "unAfrican"), and Obama's tolerance of the latter is seen as a betrayal.
In a simplistic sense, they want to remind him of his roots, as they see it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sure hope the US news reporters get some good footage! I can honestly say I've never seen 5000 naked people gathered for any single purpose.
I don't recall any massive naked anti-war protests in the '60s &' '70s but I might have missed them. The "streakers" were far more common in those days. Thus the song:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Would be interesting if 5000 white US fundamentalist Christian activists have gathered in Kenya, and the event will be less exotic post-colonialism, and more pasty "left behind" my clothes are on the plane, but my nude spiritual body has been "raptured" to a horribly embarrassing gender-mixed heaven.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I love some of the tribal people of Kenya.
However, I must be a bit nationalistic, and say SA still has some of the best tribal culture in Africa (keeping ATS nudity policy in mind).

Traditional Zulu song and dance competition.
Good enough for any President.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
They've obviously realised that the only way to stop a LGBT future is to scramble into a big pile and "get gay" in the present.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join