It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tabetha Wallace & Jesse Ventura on Massive Bee Deaths & Why You Should Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Tabetha Wallace, of RT America’s “Watching the Hawks,” joins me in this Off The Grid episode to discuss the massive bee deaths happening around the globe -- and why it matters to you. Climate change, pesticides, parasites, bad management all play a serious role in the mysterious honeybee die-offs.

But why should it matter to you? And how are corporations like McDonald’s and Monsanto involved? Tune in and find out!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Perfect topic. I have been concerned by this for a couple of years. My aunt said to me yesterday.."I don;t see any bees in my garden, I find it odd." She doesn't o on the internet, rarely watches the news- when she does, its FOX. I have tried to tell her to stop that, LOL. My starting answer to her was, "Well, I have what may be some answers...." . When I was done she looked like someone dazed. Every single possible reason was unknown to her. She is an attorney, intelligent. She is not old, maybe 57...2nd youngest of my mother's 4 brothers and sisters. I was surprised she had never even heard there might be a problem.

edit on 21-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I sent her the link to watch the vid. She is recovering from a minor surgery. I wish the glitchy hardwood floor ad stops popping up every 2 min by the time she comes to watch this lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As with most quotes attributed to Einstein, that "bees" one is likely not his or at least a misquote:

There is no substantive evidence that Einstein ever made a remark of this type about bees. Alice Calaprice, the editor of the important collection “The Ultimate Quotable Einstein”, placed the saying in the “Probably Not by Einstein” section of her reference.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So far I have not seen one Bumblebee in my garden this year. I have seen two Honeybees crawling on the concrete. They would not fly away when I prodded them.

BTW! Climate change is a hoax and has absolutely nothing to do with the die-off. Our planet goes through these cycles of hot and cold routinely. It's due to the Solar Cycle and has been this way since the dawn of time. The vanishing bees are a result of big industry (MONSANTO) dumping it's chemicals on us.

The info is out there..............due-diligence!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Is this more of an american thing as you have the worst saturation of monsanto and its ilk?

Here in the UK i have not really noticed a decline - the usual colony of white bottom bumbles are under my shed, the buddleia and lavender are covered in a variety of bees every day as is the clover growing in the lawn.

I am aware of this problem and have been watching for this decline since i first heard of it years ago - probably on here actually - i think i even posted a pic of a flowering shrub on another thread a few years ago which was covered in a variety of bees and butterflies) -I know that was years ago because i haven't worked there for over 2 years)

So I think it would be interesting to map where the bee losses are across the world and cross reference with big agri/monsanto types.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm in the Northeast and I have some honeybees and bumble bees in my yard...I can't say I've noticed a decrease but I do enjoy sitting in front of my plants and just watching the different insects that like the pollen...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Bees of America as you've never seen them before.

www.bbc.com...

edit on 22/7/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Would we starve without bees?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, first of all, I don’t believe climate change is cyclical and has been going on forever. Yes, the climate does change. But it’s a known scientific fact that the more carbon that is released in the air, the higher the temperatures are going to be. That’s a scientific fact. On a graph, they parallel each other. That’s a scientific fact. And right now, we’re putting more carbon into the air than we ever have. So naturally, with more carbon in the air, the temperatures are going to be higher. And in the winter, it will be the opposite. The temperatures are going to be even colder than they normally are.

originally posted by: thestillborn1
So far I have not seen one Bumblebee in my garden this year. I have seen two Honeybees crawling on the concrete. They would not fly away when I prodded them.

BTW! Climate change is a hoax and has absolutely nothing to do with the die-off. Our planet goes through these cycles of hot and cold routinely. It's due to the Solar Cycle and has been this way since the dawn of time. The vanishing bees are a result of big industry (MONSANTO) dumping it's chemicals on us.

The info is out there..............due-diligence!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
America’s really the place where Monsanto thrives the best, because a lot of countries are trying to keep Monsanto out.

People need to remember, the corporations control the republicans and democrats. The corporations provide the money for them. So they’re going to do whatever the corporations want. The government works for corporate America today, they don’t work for us. Again, it’s called “fascism.”

originally posted by: johnb
Is this more of an american thing as you have the worst saturation of monsanto and its ilk?

Here in the UK i have not really noticed a decline - the usual colony of white bottom bumbles are under my shed, the buddleia and lavender are covered in a variety of bees every day as is the clover growing in the lawn.

I am aware of this problem and have been watching for this decline since i first heard of it years ago - probably on here actually - i think i even posted a pic of a flowering shrub on another thread a few years ago which was covered in a variety of bees and butterflies) -I know that was years ago because i haven't worked there for over 2 years)

So I think it would be interesting to map where the bee losses are across the world and cross reference with big agri/monsanto types.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Fear not. I have hundreds of bees in a tree in my front yard. I'm happy to say they do not seem to be aggressive.

Bees in my yard

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You do know that carbon is essential to life - right?

Study up on your geology and you will know that climate change is indeed cyclical. Real history is written in the rocks. Everything else is man made garbage spewed on the sheeple for someone's agenda. Such as wars, climate change, carbon tax, gmo crops and even governments. The list is endless.

Darwin is the only one to get it right and his principle is the basis for every aspect of our existence today.

Keep up the fight!

edit on 6-8-2015 by thestillborn1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I can't really tell what type they are but that is a wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing.

Please do not disturb them.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thestillborn1

Thanks. I did not know the pic was going to be so small. And, like I said, they are non-aggresive, so we leave them be. Ha.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Maybe every government in the world - local, statewide, or federal - should go into the beekeeping business for a few years, a worldwide effort to improve the bee population (mainly focused on areas where bees have done, and will do, the most "good"). If one of the presidential candidates took this up as a major issue then the problem would receive further focused attention.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hopefully this shows up better:

edit on 8/8/2015 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Yeah, but it isn’t sexy. There’s no presidential candidate that’s going to make bees his priority because they American public couldn’t care less. You know, whether it kills them or not down the line, bees aren’t going to be sexy in a presidential election. Not when you can talk about what Donald Trump said in his last entertainment TV show. Isn’t that far more important than the bees? And I better reiterate, I’m being sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Bee's Lives Matter! (as I imagine a group of yellow-and-black dressed buzzing protesters zzhanting as they grab the microphone from Bernie Sanders, who begins buzzing along with them).

edit on 13-8-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

join