It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Interrupt Martin O'Malley/Bernie Sanders at Netroots Nation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm betting he apologized because it was politically expedient to do so. He sounded pretty sincere when he said it.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I have no delusions that society will just start doing the right thing and everyone will get their fair treatment because people got the idea in their head that that was the best thing to do. But given the current climate of "us versus them" having different groups focusing on their own and not on whats best for everybody isn't going to cool the flames.

Yes it's probably impossible to get anyone to agree on a path to equality, but trying is better than throwing your hands up and saying screw everybody else, I'm getting it for me and mine. Police reform and accountability effects more than one group of people. Racism effects more than 1 group of people. Every single grievance effects more than 1 group of people.

Craft legislation and initiatives to help the most amount of people, bring people together, not separate them politically or ethnically. Giving minorities first class citizenship, women equal rights, LGBT the ability to marry, all these things benefit society as a whole, not just the people it's directed at. Demanding change on behalf of our society as a whole is more inclusive and effective.
edit on 19-7-2015 by Gigatronix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Oh my....

Perhaps SIX years of the Holder (Social) Justice Department that was more concerned with building a legacy for Obama and sweet post government job for the AG brought us here.

Perhaps, generational poverty, single motherhood, and a glorification of thug life have also brought us here. But those are by products of the failed "War on Poverty." So rather than take a hard, historically objective view of the last 50 years and actually do things to change now three wasted generations of "government help" it's so much easier to deflect to the new and improved "hope and change" and furthering the divide with (only!) #BlackLivesMatter (and don't dare say perchance #AllLivesMatter).

O'Malley was a fool for his knee jerk "apology." Sanders tried to say "something" by was drowned out by the protesters. Since this is a conspiracy site, I would not be surprised if some of that massive Hillary warchest didn't finance some of the "festivities" at NetRoots.

I wonder what the focus groups will decide is the next big, important hashtag?

edit on 19-7-2015 by Glinda because: Typo

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gigatronix

I'm betting he apologized because it was politically expedient to do so. He sounded pretty sincere when he said it.

Who knows? I'm not a mind-reader or clairvoyant.

Politicians act out of political expediency, given.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Ah, clever. That's right ... the only social justice warriors are Democrats.

Well, when Holder did anything he was accused of being a tyrant and a traitor by the winger media echo chamber.

I'd probably stick to helping out my boss too ... (except of course, that's not what happened in the real world, but why let that trouble you?)

Just like Democrats are the only ones insisting on political correctness?

Or didn't you realize that "thug" is the Republican-speak for "young black man."

Oh, I'd love to take a hard look at historical realities. I can tell you, it wouldn't show that social programs keep anyone "in slavery" as the current crop of right-wing social justice warriors insists. How absurd. Why don't you bring up some actual historical facts rather than your stilted summation, and we'll see.

Your stated positions are garden-variety partisan. Any Democrat is always going to be wrong, and any Republican is going to be right.

Nothing new to see here.
edit on 19Sun, 19 Jul 2015 19:40:16 -050015p072015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Depends on what their cellphones tell them..www.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So, what is it about the so-called "Black Lives Matter" movement that is so irritating to some of you?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gigatronix

I figured that Vargas moderator, the guy who made the MTV show White people was in on it from the start, but hey what do I know?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Is there a law in the USA they says unless you opt out you are an organ donor?

I don't mind a 18 year olds liver what ever couloir he is, i'll take his kidneys too. I got hepatitis from drinking water whilst rebuilding a school in Africa for charity.

#goodpeopleslivesmattermore

Steady supply of donors is fine by me at the expense of gangbangers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Is there a law in the USA they says unless you opt out you are an organ donor?

I don't mind a 18 year olds liver what ever couloir he is, i'll take his kidneys too. I got hepatitis from drinking water whilst rebuilding a school in Africa for charity.

#goodpeopleslivesmattermore

Steady supply of donors is fine by me at the expense of gangbangers.

Let me guess, pro-life?

A bit more seriously, does the race of the "gangbangers" matter? And do they just have to belong to a gang, or do they need to have actually committed, you know, crimes?

#whodecideswhodies?
edit on 3Mon, 20 Jul 2015 03:32:45 -050015p032015766 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'm not necessarily opposed to what BLM is fighting for, but I'm not a fan of some of their tactics. Blocking traffic, harassing people in diners, shouting down politicians who would at least claim to want to help them. I wouldn't be a fan of white conservatives doing it either.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Kromlech
...Do they also protest in the ghetto when it's black-on-black crime, or only when it's cop-on-criminal crime?

Does anyone protest crime based on race when its ones own people killing each other?

Please tell me where in the world people do that?

Oh wait you cant because no one on planet earth does that . . ..

Makes one wonder what is going through the minds of people.. . . . . .

White people are not allowed to protest crime period. It is even automatically not a race crime or hate crime for a black person to kill a white person because they hate white people.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Cenk from TYT I think has a good take on this and points out the flaws of what happened here as well as exposes a few added details that I wasn't aware of until mentioned here as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's RACIST to some to own a house AND THEY WANT it stopped.offgridsurvival.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I would have to disagree with you 100%. I believe this is greatly harming the overall image, and the progress we have made as a society when it comes to race relations.

As a former hardcore left wing democrat in high school and college, I only find this style pushing me away from the center towards the right. I hate party politics with a passion, yet the current dem/lib/progressive style is starting to become almost offensive to me.

So as an independent atheist who supports equality, gay rights, and most issues the left agrees with...this stuff is not helping to change anybody's mind who doesn't already support this "movement" right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join