It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any members remember "Rainbow"(UK kids show) have you ever seen the unaired Adult version?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have never seen this until now, apparently this "episode" was made for the staff christmas party and was obviously never intended for release.

It's a little risque to say the least but definatley worth a watch.

For non Uk residents Rainbow was THE kids tv show of the late seventies and early eighties, comparable to sesame street so this is a bit of a shocker!.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

hi
Yes Ive seen this.
Grew up with Rainbow,sesame street and Thomas the tank engine...

Then came along Dangermouse and Batfink..

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

WOW! that was pretty funny and being in the US never seen this show. However I bet lots of shows even in the US did something similar to this as a fun thing for the staff.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ahhh, this old gem...

actaully it was never aired, it was a christmas internal production prank

In 1979, the cast and crew of Rainbow made a special exclusive sketch for the Thames TV staff Christmas tape, sometimes referred to as the "Twangers" episode. This sketch featured plenty of deliberate sexual innuendo (beginning with Zippy peeling a banana, saying 'One skin, two skin, three skin, four...' before being interrupted), and was never shown at the time (as it was never intended to be screened to the general public.) It also included Geoffrey convincing the viewers to 'bounce' their balls, but if they did not have any balls, they could ask a friend if they could play with his. Jane also claimed that she was "blowing a lot with Rodger". Soon, Zippy asked them to stop, suggesting whether to play with a blowing tube and maracas, so they could start singing "The Plucking Song".

Source

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

I seem to remember an article a while ago when the cast pretty much admitted that they were high for the majority of the time they were on the show.

I somehow missed this until today?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

its called childhood!

i still remember Button Moon, Finger mouse and Pigeon Street,

things were different those days, racism, agism was in almost every episode,

that's why when you see the "Adult" rainbow version, you just shrug, and say....... it was different in my day...

dear god, when did i get so old.....

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
And for those not easily offended heres two unofficial parodies ...
m.youtube.com...
m.youtube.com...

join