It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

misleading/false advertising bastards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
kinda chapped about this.

first let me ask you all a question.

if you see an advert that says 'join and get a $50 gift card to restaurant.com' how do you interpret that?

i interpret that as i can get a card for $50......nope

so, we got an advert in the mail for a wholesale club. said join for a year for $50 and get a $50 restaurant.com card

so, i joined cause i thought it was worth it just for that.
im thinking with a $50 card we can prob go out to eat twice. sounds like a deal.

so i join the club and they give me the restaurant.com card.
you have to type in your zip and the promo number on the card then you can buy your certificates and print them off.
im thinking i will pick a restaurant and redeem for 1, $50 card.

cant. all the restaurants local to us were in $5 increments with a minimum of 2. no big deal i think.
i figure i will redeem for 10 of them and have my 50 bucks worth.

so i do that.

when i print off the certificates, right on the front are the terms and conditions.

you can only use 1 at a time.
pisses me off.

i could not view the certificates before i redeemed so i had no idea it was gonna be like that.
bastards. that was the only reason i joined the club.

to me that is misleading or false advertising.

i did not get a $50 card. i got a voucher at the club to redeem on restaurant.com and got 10, $5 cards. there were no $50 certificates on the site. there was a couple $25 certificates but that was the highest.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Yes I think my roommate did that awhile ago. We were able to get two $25 ones.. But they were for specific restaurants we didn't exactly want to go to.. Wasn't a great deal.. And yes couldn't see the terms before hand if I remember right..

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

yeah, it sucks.
the restaurants we had to choose from would not have been my pick if i was paying but for free, its fine.
turns out no free meal.

had i known this was the actual offer i never would have signed up for the club.

so i have 10 certificates that i have to use 1 at a time.
i certainly dont like the restaurant enough to go 10 damn times

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Go straight to the management and tell them it's misleading. You might end up with a refund of the $50 you spent on your membership....and still have a lot of tiny gift certificates.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

And today you learned there is no such thing as a free lunch.

They always get you in the end.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

i suppose youre right but if i did decide to go to the same spot 10 times thats still $50 they are not getting from me so why couldnt i just redeem for a single $50 certificate?

i could go 10 times cause these certificates never expire.

atsbhct, im going to do that. i think tomorrow i will bring their advert up and the certificates i printed and raise a big ass scene. i will settle for a $50 card to spend at the wholesale club.

im usually pretty mellow but i can raise a serious fuss when i need to.
i think tomorrow i will do that

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't true. Heck, even if it sounds like a perfectly crappy deal, it still probably sounds better than it really is.

Over skepticism serves you well when it comes to spending your hard earned dollars.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The Holy Capitalist System has as it's frontline stormtroops, a bevy of underhanded lying, cheating, con-artist merchandisers. Pretty faces, smiling and making promises promises.

If this system of corruption offers you anything for free, it is because the system, the Holy Capitalist System sees us all as suckers. This con that you fell for is only one small example of how we are all connived into believing that this system is to our benefit.

I get those offers and toss-em. I get those tele calls and hang up.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
i guess i didnt think that a huge ass legit wholesale club would run a bum offer like that.

i would have questioned it if it was some fly by night deal like pepe's club or something but it wasnt.

oh well

new topics

top topics

join