It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine an America where she doesnt sleep.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Shadow Herder

originally posted by: admirethedistance
a reply to: Shadow Herder

This is basically the case already, in America, and has been for quite some time. There are a ton of companies that have 3rd shift positions. I've spent about half of my adult life working nights.

Having people switch every few weeks or months, though, as you mentioned, is a terrible idea. Like most species, humans are hardwired to be active during the day, and rest at night, and disrupting the body's natural Circadian rhythm can have a severe impact on one's health and well-being.

Yes but open schools, Kids can have a night cycle too and go to school as well as day cares. There are a lot of 24 hour places but not a night cycle. Some businesses only have one or 2 8 hour shifts, increase to 3. The proof is in the daily congestion and how it is less busy at night in most places outside of massive cities.

What exactly goes on at night we are not supposed to see is my query; it is suspicious. Is there a reason most of us are unconscious at night? Why is there a 'hard wired' circadian rhythm in the first place? Its an interesting question; and I have had some very strange experiences between the hours of 2:00 and 4:00 am and these were not because I was in a band.

Out of my observations as a night rider/traveler, the country is a different place at night. Its quite, deserted, 90 % of places are closed, its an empty world and most people miss out on it. Even the places that are open are quite and youre the first in line but then at around 413am the birds start to chirp and the rush of the morning as millions fill the streets and areas like the pulse of blood through the veins.

We could just be like blood cells being pumped through the veins of this world in out, on off, asleep awake.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This video should illustrate what I mean. The world sleeps at night. Some don't. If we can balance that flow it might solve many problems.

edit on 12-7-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
originally posted by: Shadow Herder
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

vhb: What exactly goes on at night we are not supposed to see is my query; it is suspicious. Is there a reason most of us are unconscious at night? Why is there a 'hard wired' circadian rhythm in the first place? Its an interesting question; and I have had some very strange experiences between the hours of 2:00 and 4:00 am and these were not because I was in a band.

Shadow Herder: Out of my observations as a night rider/traveler, the country is a different place at night. Its quite, deserted, 90 % of places are closed, its an empty world and most people miss out on it. Even the places that are open are quite and youre the first in line but then at around 413am the birds start to chirp and the rush of the morning as millions fill the streets and areas like the pulse of blood through the veins.

I have had a similar experience in the daytime driving through near ghost or on the downside derelict towns near my place of residence. It has the same feel of an inner city (asleep) or vacated; Chicago Loop for instance which I lived in a business district in what was then called then an "alternative artist space" I renovated for the landlord; everyone vacated after 6PM I was alone living there walking my dog (there was NO ONE on the streets/no EL traffic, no cars no foot traffic I owned the loop). I cannot put my finger on what this sensation is; only that I felt I am the only living person on Earth; as if in an entirely different dimension. The birds do start chirping at around 4:15 here; they seem to the entities to call everything else to become awake.

Shadow Herder: We could just be like blood cells being pumped through the veins of this world in out, on off, asleep awake.

vhb: I do not understand how we sleep walk through a regimen we/us/NOW did not design and yet follow it with blind complicity (never questioning).

New York City, Las Vegas and Los Angeles are the only ones I can think of that have a 24 hour heartbeat within America.
edit on 12-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join