It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camelot Unchained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hephster

She would be great but ill tell you how its going to go down...itll take 4 years to release and then itll release with tons of bugs and issues....then they will spend 2 years fixing it while at some point it becomes completely free to play with micro transactions involved that lead to the perception of the game to be "pay to win". Then we will all walk away sadly and see that they are making Ultima Online 2!!! Which will be the same thing.

Sorry disgruntled gamer here. But I did find a gem recently...Dominions 4.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As a former Midgardian on the Bors server, I freaking hate mez. I still have nightmares of running into minstrels and whatever the hibernian equivalent was. As long as it isn't a large AoE like it was in DAoC It'll be tolerable I suppose. Or if the "break" is baseline and provides some immun not something that has to be earned through grinding out realm ranks like in DAoC.
edit on 9-7-2015 by CellDamage420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CellDamage420
As a former Midgardian on the Bors server, I freaking hate mez. I still have nightmares of running into minstrels and whatever the hibernian equivalent was. As long as it isn't a large AoE like it was in DAoC It'll be tolerable I suppose.

Hibernia was bards

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The best is being mezzed and having an infil come up to you and perforate artery all in your face.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Indeed, Bors had a low Hib population for most of the time I played so didn't encounter them nearly as much.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That 8 second stun Infs had, diamondback I think was, dear lord I hated that, 8 seconds was more than enough time to kill anything besides a Warrior. I miss my pre nerf Zerk and Shadowblade.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CellDamage420

hibs 2h weapon spec had a 9sec stun from behind

dabble w a champion a few times that was fun

but yeah I hated coming across infils, especially when I played my Thane which for some reason was my fav chr even tho I was extra squishy... Thank Thor for shield bash :p

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Again, not trying to be a dick but it almost sounds like most of you replying in this thread don't even actually like pvp unless you're able to roll around roflstomping peoples faces in without any kind of real resistance or ways for people to stop you.

The worst kind of PvP is the kind where the guy with the best armor and sword wins everytime because he spent 700 hours raiding.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I've held the wall @ emain macha alone!

I hated to lvl I just wanted to pvp once my guy was 45 was there a reason to lvl further in pve? nobody will con higher than orange... I can a take an orange :p

I liked that in WAR I could lvl from pvp but... it kinda sucked hard.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

btw, have you pledged to this?

I pledged to lord fancy pants err Richard Garriots new mmo title shroud of the avatar, guessing its still prealpha still looks bleh and I dont even mess with it tbh.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I haven't pledged yet, mainly because it's not the kind of thing my wife considers a necessary expenditure.

I will probabLy toss a few bucks in at some point, but I kind of consider buying the game and paying a sub fee good enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CellDamage420
That 8 second stun Infs had, diamondback I think was, dear lord I hated that, 8 seconds was more than enough time to kill anything besides a Warrior. I miss my pre nerf Zerk and Shadowblade.

LOL,

We had a shadowblade on Merlin who would camp Darkness Falls. He had a buffbot he would hide halfway in the cave ceiling. It was a badge of honor if you could whack him or his buffbot.. .LOL

Kobold... Grievance I think his name was.
edit on 9-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ugh PvP. It's giving me Arathi Basin flashbacks.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Hephster

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Hephster
a reply to: infolurker

To be fair DAoC did have ways of breaking out of CC effects as well as CC immunity timers. I didn't think it was out of hand, plus it wasn't like only one realm had access to stuns and mezzes.

Here's a statement by mark Jacobs on the matter quoted from the interview linked below.

"I believe that CC will have a significant role to play in an RvR-focused game such as this one. Balancing it is, as we all know, quite difficult to do. Other than this, no comment yet."

www.tentonhammer.com...

Well, that closes that possibility.

Nothing worse than standing there immobilized while an opposing group kills you one at a time. This was the dumbest part of the game and the most frustrating other than having to chain kill fins to reach max level.

To each their own. There will easy mode games for you I'm sure.

How nice. If someone doesn't like being perma-mezzed, they play on "easy" mode?

How hard is it to chain stun someone and then walk up and beat the snot out of them?

But it's comments like yours that are mainly why I tend to avoid heavy PvP games. People like you are no fun to compete against.

You become more likable with every post lol

I remember DAoC at launch. I had quit EverQuest to play that game but it was kind of a let down. They were ahead of the curve in a lot of respects but class balance was super janky. Blizzard borrowed so heavily from this game which was kind of surprising since People like Tigole and Furor were some of the best EQ players hands down.

I will keep an eye on this one. I liked Mythic's Warhammer Age of Reckoning. It too had a lot of ideas that have again been borrowed and added to other games . This was another failure due to poor execution and being rushed before completion. Classes were missing etc. Oh well fingers crossed that MMOs can reinvent themselves. Getting tired of playing EQ 1 emulated servers like project 1999. There was a pretty decent DAoC freeshard called Uthgard but it has been shut down temporarily to be revamped if anyone is interested.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat at the moment. I was playing p1999 up until recently and it was fun for awhile and nostalgic and all but killing the same raid targets over and over gets old pretty fast.

That's why I'm looking forward to the PvPcentricness of CU as I'm not really into endless raiding.

Speaking of emulators, there's a vanilla wow one called Nostalrius that some may enjoy. I didn't end up getting too far as I knew it would just be pve raiding again.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I have contemplated playing a vanilla or BC WoW emulator but had too many things going on. I played p99 for awhile and played pretty hard on red last year until I broke my collar bone but it has its problems with stagnation as well(stuck on Kunark expac for years). I will pop back in come Velious most likely.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I may tinker around in velious a bit but if anything it will be worse for me as far as being able to do any raiding. I have a hard enough time making raids now and in velious they start getting into the 8 hour + realm.

I just can't dedicate that much time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join