It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why alien life would not occupy earth using their advanced tech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hi.
Having followed Ufology for a few years I acknowledge I'm very inexperienced on the matter compared to the veterans around here. However within this time I feel I have seen almost all there is to offer on the subject until I or someone can dig something out of the archives.
When met with the question if extraterrestrial life is so advanced why does it not invade and enslave us all. To this answer I feel you don't need to look to fat from home. Looking at the aggressive war tactics of certain nations (not going into who and why) we gain a level of understanding as to why this tactic does not work. We see nations with armies so advanced compared to those they invade we can see nothing but a straight forward victory. However this is rarely the case. Throughout history we have seen many times where the underdog has risen to an insurmountable challenge to push the aggressors to the point of retreat. When the belief that you are the victim of a crime that inner strength will prevail.
This I feel is why any extraterrestrial lifeforms who would be much more advanced both in technology and civilization see this as a method that does not work. Unless you want to destroy all then this oppressive aggression will always meet a firm stance from those who we may deem as inferior.

So in short....why do they not inhabit would by force.....just look around at today's events and you may start to understand.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I agree with some of your points, some Ufologists claim that Aliens do inhabit the earth as "shapeshifters" meaning they can make themselves appear in human form. Also, there might be several types of aliens with different characteristics. For example there may be reptile-type aliens with a more aggressive manner and greys that are less aggressive.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

By extraterrestrials, do you also take into account, time travelers, cosmic tricksters, inter-dimensional surf lords,
trantemporal cyber geeks, etc. Perhaps it's the extraterrestrials that are the very cause of todays events. They are
quite clever you know.

Perhaps we are just game pieces in a cosmic game of chess between the Oxydians and the Rumplebes; thus why current events look like a surreal Matrix download. Or cattle owned by the timetraveling Saddlepards.

You pose a good question though!!

edit on 1-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The Earth must look like a real fixer upper to an advanced race. So unless their world is a real crap hole, they most likely just use Earth as a pit stop. Only now we are like a run down old Service Station with a clogged up toilet.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
getting rid of the human race and preserving all the rest of earth is as simple as developing a lethal (only to humans) disease and spreading it into our atmosphere worldwide, the "alien race" could sit back and wait for all of us to die off without any consequence to themselves. no movie battles, no Hero, no Villian, no intergalactic interactions whatsoever....this idea of battling aliens is archaic and human egocentric.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Maybe we (as in humans) are the aliens and the earth is a giant petri dish. Our creators could've stopped by, mixed up a few ingredients and sat back to watch what happens.

Does this make you wonder if they tried this on other worlds with greater or lesser success?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Maybe they are trying to figure out why they come all this way just to end up crashing before they take us on in a war.

I'm just saying.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Altruistic Aliens.

Not so Altruistic Aliens.

The staple of Sci-fi since the invention of the genre.

Quite simply no one knows what they'll be like...presupposing they're even out there.

Should they show up, they might consider the Earth an all you can eat buffet table. Or saints in alien clothing. Or... Or...

Anything at all is possible. ...and any conjecture on the subject is just that. Conjecture.

My own opinion is this: Since they're likely to be a predator species in their past, it would behoove us to expect that they will act like it in some way. Treat 'em like it. Carefully, and ever mindful of the claws.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You display an inescapable problem of a typical earthling wanting to explain things as he/she see it. A very limited view.

We have nothing that they want. --Or they are not of the mind (ideology) to simply take what they want, or for that matter, to directly control us.

You look at the situation as a war zone, winners and losers, "them or us," a typical human trait.

And such an earthy view automatically sets the tone of configuring their "battle" plan for--not against--us.

We are doing the makeover ourselves with just the right amount of posterior nudges. Welcome to the New World Order best characterized by: "Look, mom, I tied my shoes all by myself." Makes us proud of our own work and the instigators just as proud. We get to move on with human destiny, beyond the usual human game of winners or losers. Can we literally man up to that challenge? Do we have a choice?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Deadly pathogens, viruses, geo engineering, human sterilisation, create wars between countries through false information, asteroids, blocking sunlight, poisoning water sources. Just a few of a million reasons why war would never come to be. Nice simplistic concept when you don't think about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The reasons war don't work out locally is because we generalize ourselves as 1, if any one country gets too power hungry all nations may form against it, and then it's just a matter of numbers which they will be overpowered. Aliens on the other hand being so advanced should either easily scatter drones to control masses with white light or w/e and if not that then poison our air/water supply and kill us all. Why? Because they don't have "Banned Weapons Of Mass Destructions/Chemicals" but we do.

Unless there's a celestial body of aliens guarding over the universe saying taking a planet from a species is wrong, but we as human beings have eradicated many from our land, so that governing body would confront us by now if it had exist. So aliens are either
1)Not here
2)Don't want the planet
3) Don't want slaves
4) Not as advanced as they are believed to be.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Throughout history we have seen many times where the underdog has risen to an insurmountable challenge to push the aggressors to the point of retreat.

Really?

The Romans did fairly well. The Mongols and the Ottomans were fairly successful in pushing their boundaries too. In more recent time the Russians formed a very successful Empire and Soviet Bloc. And for a very long time one quarter of the globe was 'supervised' by the nation that gave us the language we are both using on this forum and has become the "de facto" language of the globe. The Commonwealth (which excludes two major English speaking nations) still spans a huge part of the globe as a sort of friendly club despite the 'history' behind the British Empire.

Alien invasion is totally different. Unless 'they' need something specifically from us humans (or our something totally unique to our planet) then what is the point? They would have to overcome gravity differences, atmosphere differences, viruses and bacteria differences and plant and animal life that may present as much a threat as we do to them.

If we are to survive as a species then we will eventually have to leave this planet and then the Solar System. If we have a choice we will likely terraform a planet or choose one which is the most accommodating to us without having to conquer a native species first. At least not one as advanced as ourselves. I am not sure what the chances of our success actually are.

edit on 1/7/15 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Alien life could be occupying earth right now.
Mission accomplished.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Or...

They are here merely to observe, study, perhaps do a little testing. We're an ant farm, a Petri dish, a menagerie of misfits.

My guess is that if they have even a slight sense of humor, they are looking at us in amazement, shaking their bulbous heads in disbelief at our self-aggrandizing, narcissistic, destructive antics.

What are we to the aliens? A giant, living, ridiculous Far Side cartoon.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It makes me think maybe the space race was all about qualifying humans as a "space faring" species, conferring a higher status in the eyes of ET.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am pretty sure there could exist alien life who would be able to wipe us out without even the slightest chance for us to fight back. They wouldn't enslave us because there would be simply no use for us slaves.

In your examples from earth, both fighting parties are more comparable in their strength. Alien invaders would have a huge advantage and could to with us whatever they wanted to do.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
if, and thats a big if, this planet is a zoo and has been a zoo for eons then lots of aliens probably skip this planet for other interests elsewhere

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
getting rid of the human race and preserving all the rest of earth is as simple as developing a lethal (only to humans) disease and spreading it into our atmosphere worldwide, the "alien race" could sit back and wait for all of us to die off without any consequence to themselves. no movie battles, no Hero, no Villian, no intergalactic interactions whatsoever....this idea of battling aliens is archaic and human egocentric.

As is the idea that they would go out of their way to do any of that when there are plenty of other planets like Earth out there which probably aren't inhabited.

top topics

join