It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS HD Earth Viewing Experiment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted before.

This site has a live video stream from the International Space Station, rotating between one forward facing, one downward facing and two rear view cameras.

Also has a real time data feed and flightpath map. Also quite cool are the overlays you can put on the camera feeds to show names and outlines of territories it flies over. Unfortunately the overlays go away when you make the video full screen.

I've been watching it projected on a big screen and it is so hypnotic. I goes round the planet in just under 2 hours, the sun rises and sets in that time. So daylight lasts about 55 minutes. The map gives you a countdown to sunrise and sunset and shows the terminator and where the night side is (the daylight side is the lighter blue on the map) When it's dark there is nothing to see but the sunrises and sunsets can be incredible to watch, as are some storm systems. Two of the cams seem to be really high quality.

I looked it up and this thing goes about 17000 mph, about 5 miles a second. I have an app on my phone called 'ISS detector' which I would recommend. It tells you when it will pass over your loction with direction, elevation predicted could cover etc. It's fun to spot it when you get the chance. We caught a great one a couple of months ago. I have a great video of it. That thing really moves, goes from horizon to horizon in about 4 mins.

ISS Earth Viewing Experiment.

edit on 26-6-2015 by angus1745 because: A whim.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745
Apologies if this has been posted before.

This site has a live video stream from the International Space Station, rotating between one forward facing, one downward facing and two rear view cameras.

Also has a real time data feed and flightpath map. Also quite cool are the overlays you can put on the camera feeds to show names and outlines of territories it flies over. Unfortunately the overlays go away when you make the video full screen.

I've been watching it projected on a big screen and it is so hypnotic. I goes round the planet in just under 2 hours, the sun rises and sets in that time. So daylight lasts about 55 minutes. The map gives you a countdown to sunrise and sunset and shows the terminator and where the night side is (the daylight side is the lighter blue on the map) When it's dark there is nothing to see but the sunrises and sunsets can be incredible to watch, as are some storm systems. Two of the cams seem to be really high quality.

I looked it up and this thing goes about 17000 mph, about 5 miles a second. I have an app on my phone called 'ISS detector' which I would recommend. It tells you when it will pass over your loction with direction, elevation predicted could cover etc. It's fun to spot it when you get the chance. We caught a great one a couple of months ago. I have a great video of it. That thing really moves, goes from horizon to horizon in about 4 mins.

ISS Earth Viewing Experiment.

Also check out UrTheCast:

www.urthecast.com...

join