It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan parliament attacked by Taliban , video shows moment bomb explodes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The Taliban have launched an attack on the Afghan parliament today with 6 gunmen and a huge car bomb detonated outside of the parliament building , reports state that 18 people have been injured but it's believed none of those were MPs , the gunmen are believed to have been killed

The spokesman for the interior ministry, Sediq Seddiqi, said the gunmen had attempted to storm the parliament building itself after the gates were breached by the suicide bomb.
They were fought off and entered a building under construction next to parliament. MPs were showered with broken glass, and the chamber filled with smoke as the fighting went on. It took nearly an hour before all the firing stopped

Even by Afghan standards, these were very dramatic scenes, and police had a complex operation on their hands, says the BBC's David Loyn in Kabul.
The Taliban were extracting maximum propaganda advantage by doing it on the day that parliament was meeting to consider the appointment of new Defence Minister Massoom Stanekzai, our correspondent says.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 22-6-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

After I watched a YT vid that was pulled the next day on the subject, I now realise the Taliban, Isis and all the rest will never go away while America is defending her petrodollar. There is too much to be gained by stirring up endless war to keep the USD on top for one more day.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I will tell you what stuck out to me from the video. The member of Parliament speaking when the bomb went off didn't even flinch .

You must live in a horrible place if a war among your people over secular issues due to your religion. Has become so commonplace the a car bomb outside your building doesn't even phase you .

People can deal with rebellion because there's usually a end . But history has proven it is impossible to speak rationally to religious zealots .
edit on 22-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I now realise the Taliban, Isis and all the rest will never go away while America is defending her petrodollar.

What a simple world some people live in. If the US went away these people would keep fighting. They have a history of barbarity towards each other going back hundreds of years. The Taliban, ISIS and all these squalid fanatics are just the latest incarnation of hatred within Islam.

Back to topic... Interesting that the Afghan authorities are at least able to fight back successfully now.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: markosity1973
I now realise the Taliban, Isis and all the rest will never go away while America is defending her petrodollar.

What a simple world some people live in. If the US went away these people would keep fighting. They have a history of barbarity towards each other going back hundreds of years. The Taliban, ISIS and all these squalid fanatics are just the latest incarnation of hatred within Islam.

Back to topic... Interesting that the Afghan authorities are at least able to fight back successfully now.

I used to think like you too.....

top topics

join