It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would NASA reveal it if life was found on Titan?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
1) Discovery of evidence of ancient existence of water.
-Mars.
2) Discovery of recent evidence of water.
-Mars.
3) Discovery of frozen traces of current water.
-Mars, on the poles is ice.
4) Discovery of water.
-Quite possibly soon.
5) Discovery of evidence of ancient microbes.
-The meteor with traces of microbes.
6) Discovery of evidence of recent microbes.
-Possibly soon on Mars?
7) Discovery of living microbes.
8) Discovery of one or more of the previous items on more than one celestial body, followed by the assertion that life is probably commonplace.
9) Evidence of past complex life.
10) Evidence of recent complex life.
11) Discovery of complex life.
12) Evidence of past intelligent life.
13) Indirect evidence of current intelligent life.
14) Announcement of detection of intelligent life.
15) Announcement of contact with intelligent life.

I'd agree, struck that nail right on the head...

I agree as well, I believe we are at 5/6 right now and in the next year or so NASA will release the big "F" word....the discovery of Fossils......

- In the 1400s man thought the earth was flat
- In the 1700/1800s man thought he was located at the centre of the solar system
- In th 1900s man thought he was alone in the Universe.....

Wake the F' Up!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In 2005 man still thinks he's smart!!!

All right being serious here again: even if today about 30 to 50% of the world agrees that ET intelligent life exists (depends on the sources), it is simply too scary to 90% at least of the people of this world to admit that they have been visiting us, or at least that they know we are here...

Were does god stands in that? Don't laugh it is important... Please don't forget that a very old fashioned way of thinking is still the standard of 99.999% of today's influencial people. I may seem a bit bitter or caustic, but look how our world is managed, and also by who... We are still in Middle Ages...

When people will start to open their eyes, they have started to open their minds... When minds are open, that is when one truly evolves. At the moment, we're not evolving, I think, we develop. Evolution will be when general acceptance (85-90%) of the existance of ET life will occur, and when those subjects won't be anymore neither ridiculous (just ask about anyone their opinion if you tell them you saw a UFO...), silenced (ask journalists what they are allowed to ask and what they're not when going to events about ufology), or simply dismissed on grounds of really ridicule reasons (swamp gas?) just to avoid facing facts...

The reality is that we're still living in this old fashioned world, and people in charge are just not willing to evolve... They just want to be able to go on. I think really that any important development on that side will be silenced.

Ask journalists:... "Don't ask questions about (this or that). It won't be Tanswered. Just stay in the (this or that subject) vicinity. No other things." That is a thing that one hears very often as soon as you're not doing the classifieds...

We all know that we're not alone (and I'm not sorry for those who still think we are, keep thinking I don't mind), we all know that at least some of ET intelligent civlizations have visited us (and again, I'm not sorry for those who dismiss it, just dismiss I don't mind), we all know also that some people DO know of things here and just don't tell (I won't go into the same kind of comments again), we all know that even some of those people would really want the whole world to know (I stop comments at the end of every sentence from here). But,... THEY don't want us to know that we're not alone (I said I wouldn't do any comment), THEY don't want people on earth to panic (although I still said that I would do no comment anymore), and so on...

OK, where does god stands in that? It is the main reason for close minded persons to defend a universe in which human is the will of god. Life is everywhere, and it is not the will of god, it is nature that's doig that. And even if it is very unlikely to seem, it does happen often, on the basis that there is virtually an infinity of planets, circling an infinity of stars, each of them being on of the few billions in the infinity of galaxies...

My end of the story comment (one more comment please...): no, they won't reveal. Not now, not that way... Admitting the existance of ET life as such is already a challenge, but admitting that some at least are intelligent, and that amongst those who are developped, some maybe, at least one of them, is a millions of years older than us civilization that can visit us on a very regular basis is more than a challenge. Going a bit further, admitting that they know since now 50 years or more is still more than a challenge.

Admitting that we just may be surrounded by dozens of ET civlizations, some of them (why not?) BILLIONS of years ahead of us is just unrealistic. It is almost as unsane to think that they would do that as to be certain that you would win the lottery next week. Totally unrealistic.

Can anyone admit to their mother that they have been lyin for 25 years? (I don't know, about smoking, drinking, going out at night unnoticed,...) No. You will never tell. You have your secrets to your own mother. And just the same: they will never tell. Only a few (and we're lucky to be part of those few) (dang! I said no more comments) know. They can tell, it's all the same for us. And even if they know that a few people can tell, they still don't want to admit, I think they just won't admit unless they have a rifle in their face and a camera just behind... And yet, that camera better be a human one!

Ok, hope I'm not too boring now!
My thoughts on that... Trust me, don't trust the people who are supposed to be your leaders.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nasa would absolutely not release information pertaining to life on Titan. This would be classified Way Above Top Secret. Although humanoid intelligent life does exist on Titan it will not be forth coming by Nasa or any other agency. The connection to the council on Saturn would not allow it to happen. The question is why does Nasa not want we Humans on Earth knowing about lifeforms in our Solar System and galaxy. The answer is simple they do not have to tell us anything. You say, but I pay taxes and I demand to know if life exists or not in the Solar System. You must keep working and paying these taxes to fund these missions, but there is a catch they will tell you only what they want to tell you. Yes, Nasa does alot of good things but alot of secret things too. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Nasa would absolutely not release information pertaining to life on Titan. This would be classified Way Above Top Secret. Although humanoid intelligent life does exist on Titan it will not be forth coming by Nasa or any other agency. The connection to the council on Saturn would not allow it to happen. The question is why does Nasa not want we Humans on Earth knowing about lifeforms in our Solar System and galaxy. The answer is simple they do not have to tell us anything. You say, but I pay taxes and I demand to know if life exists or not in the Solar System. You must keep working and paying these taxes to fund these missions, but there is a catch they will tell you only what they want to tell you. Yes, Nasa does alot of good things but alot of secret things too. Rik Riley

Wow, Rik...talk about digging up an old thread. The last post before your's was 2 years ago. I've always enjoyed reading your posts just for their entertainment value.

Anyway, back to the thread. The OP is a moot point because Hyugens did not have the instruments on board to search for microbial life...but it's still an interesting hypothetical question.

I don't think NASA has found life yet and they will tell us when they do (I mean, why not?). IMO this will happen when the Phoenix Spacecraft lands at the Mars North Polar region in May 2008.

For all you conspiracy theorists, that gives our government about a year and a half to prepare our society for the awful truth that microbial life exists away from our planet. That will give them enough time to train the thousands of riot police that will be required to calm the mass hysteria.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Write this down 2 weeks after the Pheonix lander lands on Mars. Headlines 2008- Rover discovers more water and ice along with microbial life at the North Polar region of Mars. Nasa is now going back to review their scientific findings and all indications is that methane gas was released from the slurry mix sample digested by the microbes. Further review shows thru the on board electron microscope and thru spectro analysis that the microbes exist. What a minute is this not a replay from the Viking mission's findings, the slurry mix that is. Now I understand, we humans on Earth were not ready 30 plus yrs ago but in 2008 we will be. Grammer not intended- On Mars what you think and see is isn't and what you think and see isn't is. Titan your next. Rik Riley

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join