It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wishing Everyone a Very Merry Pagan Xmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hi All, I know that it is Christmas in most parts of the world by now, so I thought I would wish you a merry xmas, even though it is a pagan tradition! Just because various 'dubious' traditions have been culminated together over the years does not mean I can not wish everyone the best for this' festive' season with many more interesting chats to be had next year!!

[edit on 25-12-2004 by shmick25]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
the yuletide, the tradition of putting up a tree, sad but true, it is forbidden.
1st year i didn't put up a tree... the act of replacing the yule log, during solitice.

Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Jeremiah 10

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That's very interesting to learn indeed. I haven't reached Jeremiah yet. What I am curious is to how christianity and judaism and their presence in the Bible are reconciled in the mind?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't observe Xmas due to its pagan origins.

I told my pastor that, and I told him that his Hero, Bush, is an evil man. I guess that's what led him to take me off the church membership rolls. Oh well.
I guess he's mad because I was saying that I cannot see how someone can believe the Bible and justify Xmas-keeping. And the fact that I called Bush an evil man--did I mention that? He buys into the lie that Bush is a true conservative, and I know otherwise.

At the end he asked me, "So you're right and everyone else is wrong?" :bnghd: What about that verse, let God be true and every man be a liar? I said, I believe what the Bible says. I let that speak for itself. But if he wants to look at it that way, let him. He accused me of acting un-Christian, and all I can say is, Pot, meet Kettle!

Then there's that verse, a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. And there's learn not the ways of the heathen (Jeremiah 10:1-5).

On top of that, December 25 is the birthday of a pagan god. Jesus was born no later than mid-October. I don't deny Jesus was born of a virgin, crucified, spent three days and three nights (Wed-Sat) in the grave, and rose again, and is at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. What I do deny is a) he was born December 25 and b) it's okay to use paganism to ostensibly worship God.

The only thing Xmas is good for is holiday pay for my husband.

[edit on 12/26/2004 by Amethyst]

top topics

join