It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tricked Into Backing And Opposing Fracking, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In March 2012 there was a high pressure blowout on the Elgin Platform. This thread www.abovetopsecret.com... ended with this comment.

Looking at the history of this enterprise it's difficult to see how anyone could be surprised at the equipment failure. The timing of this leak couldn't have been more convenient for the industry. Just when it was being decided whether the fracking operations near Blackpool should continue after causing minor earthquakes.

In this libcom.org... article we have this statement.

Total allowed the G4 to blow out. Blowouts are never inevitable. Blowouts never happen without mistakes being made.

Here at 1:43 we have the main man saying "Everything's proceeding as plann... as it should."
Proceeding as planned? Why did he suddenly change his wording?

It looks very much as if politicians and industry leaders were tricked into backing fracking by staging a horribly dangerous situation on a high pressure gas platform. Fracking could seem safe in comparison. No-one would take brinkmanship to that level? Or would they?

It would be socially awkward for me to explain why I doubt the authenticity of fracking protest here so I'll skip that. I'm against all drilling. I think we should cuddle up with little bunny rabbits to keep warm and walk everywhere. No impractical green dreaming from me. Of course I'd like to see the portaloos sabotaged at each and every fracking site. The surefire way to stop work. But I feel the emphasis on fracking protest has been artificially stimulated by spooks.

It's like we've been set on a collision course with possibly Russian gas as the solution. Interesting that Russian nuclear fuel deals seem more or less uninterrupted by hostilities. Or at least that's what I heard, I haven't looked deeply.

Where do you put the meter? Isn't that the question asked about every big energy system? We don't actually have to live such energy greedy lifestyles, if we did we would never have evolved. I'm looking at this from the viewpoint that energy giants play around with all of us then lie back and listen to the endless kerching of the cash register.

Nothing at that level happens by accident.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well, perversely Russia who clamps down ruthlessly on environmental groups at home, has been supporting and funding (some accuse) environmental groups to oppose fracking. Obviously, Russia's economy is reliant on gas and the last thing they want is competition!

> Guardian article
> Huff article

Would Russia do this? Of course they would. They meddle in politics - as they have funded Le Pen in France and other issues.

> Le Pen receives Russian cash

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
In my nation , during the last Senate voting round the political parties who are against fracking gained more voters.

this is a big issue in the northern part of my country ( the Netherlands ) because after the government expanded the drilling in this area the amount of Earthquakes increased drastically.

We talking 1.0 to max 3.0 earthquakes , but did cause structural damage to houses and pissed of a lot of people living in the area.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Everybody should hug a bunny, regardless.

There'd be a lot less drama in the world.

top topics

join