It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arlington officials report on fracking fluid blowout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I might be talking about mountain top removal, fracking just another ridiculous way to get oil.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
These are well blow outs. They have nothing to do with well fracturing and are not caused by well fracturing. I do this for a living and have an inimate knowledge of the science a practices of pressure pumping. Well blow outs can be caused by a multitude of ways but well fracturing is not one of them. People that know absolutely nothing about the oil industry try to blame fracturing for all of the ills in the oilfield. If you understood the science behind it, you would understand what it can and can not do.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot

originally posted by: hefficide

I lived in Arlington for about three years and one of my kids lives there now. Even having lived there ( about 17 years ago ) this is a total shock to me. I had no clue they were fracking beneath my feet - and I'm the sort that pays attention to local news quite heavily.

I wouldn't put too much trust in the media, best you spend more time on ATS for up to date info.

Hilarious! You obviously don't have a clue to whom you replied. Hint: See stats on member's avatar.

On topic, time for people to get their hands dirty, safely take samples if possible. Also, why wait for the long term negative effects? Why are people letting the corporations and the government making it illegal to protect their health and property? Maybe these blowouts will wake the sheeple up. I sure hope so.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

They might consider not drilling, fracking, etc. that close to populated areas. LOL.

The old day equivalent might be 'gushers'. Plenty of good sites out in rural areas. leave the cities alone...

Rural areas feed cities, touché.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

All the while thinking....FRACKING is BAD!! Those bastards are trying to kill us all....They suck....Bla bla bla....While YOU, yes YOU, are the culprit to why this process is needed.....

Look in the mirror next time you complain about fracking!!! Stop pointing fingers at people who provide a service for YOU who use the gas, oil and other gas that comes from the ground with everything you own!!

I agree,

I don't see 300 million complaining when oil goes to 50 bucks a barrel, or the talk of enough American oil to supply all our consumer needs for the next 200 years go in a negative direction...

One thing I don't understand is we been talking about the fracking businesses being mainly made up of smaller companies and oh the horror of all the jobs loss as they are all basically in high risk of shutting down unless oil goes above 80 bucks a barrel, which I been told is the price needed for fracking to be profitable, so why is there heavy fracking still going on with oil around 60 bucks a barrel?

edit on 22-6-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

LOL. Well said!

Add in that 'big oil' hates fracking as much or more than anyone else. It kills their returns on already developed wells and screws up the cost/return ration of future development.

What isn't being said is both the Chinese and Euro economies are hugely helped by the oil price drop and may actually have helped avoided an international collapse of the financial system. Throw in the increased value of the U.S. dollar due to the reserves, the overall economy has bought some time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join