It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin Mystery.....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

I think the consensus is that there really is no consensus on an official release date. I was trying to make sense of the thumb nail pic LM choose to use for a video that they took down almost as soon as the put it up. A pic that had a clock and a calendar in it and seamed to be related to something important for LM.
Ultimately I think the final date is up to the DoD and LM might not even know when it is going to be exactly. What we do know is that it is said to be sometime in July or August by people interviewed, that would be in the know, by various media sources.
The one major caveat in all this is if NG did if fact loose and they filed an official protest before that time, they may push it back or revise the release date until the protest is sorted out.

It's all grand speculation at this point but it seams at least a plausible theory........hypothetically.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I think it is the latter. I think they are just going to announce the winner. It would be nice to get a pic of it then too but we might not get a look at it till the official roll out of the hanger that Zaph mentioned was later this year.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Ok cheers. You know, it never even crossed my mind if the loser placed an appeal

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The initial announcement will be just who wins. They may have a picture of it, but the rollout will come later.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Surely an idea of the concept at the date of the winner will be in the day light.
edit on 16-6-2015 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Where can wee look the LM video ?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

The videos never showed up on the LM YouTube page. They were on my YouTube subscription page that shows the latest videos from my subscribed channels.
When I clicked on the links The video would simply say "Please stand by". When I clicked on the link for the one video that had the mystery thumb nail it gave me a "Video Removed" page.

That is what the mystery was. What was it that LM put up, why did they all say "test" of some kind and why did the last one that was actually removed have that weird clock/calander thumb nail?

They videos LM has put up since then have been unrelated to anything ground breaking.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Totally random thought here.

I have no idea how IT stuff all works so interpret What I'm about to say at your finer discretion.

What if in preparation for the future announcement the IT guy at a plant or lockheed headquarters was doing a test shot to make sure he got everything set up right for the big day and sent it through to their youtube account as a test and the date its self has nothing to do with anything it was just a random shot? Just throwing the idea out there.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Who knows, it's possible. Since all the videos were titled "test", it could have been a prep for something and the clock/calendar pic some random shot from some IT dudes artistic portfolio that he though captured the esoteric soul the of the COPAL clock screaming out to the world in perfect silence on the injustices of time on the human psyche.
It wouldn't be the first time LM did something weird.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

And guess who bought Convair's Fort Worth plant and all of all of the aerospace IP that came with it? That 1993 purchase by Lockheed would make perfect sense for the Lady, a product of that acquisition, to take to the skies 5-10 years later.

Too bad we'll never see it.

So, what about all those skyquakes in So.Cal in the early 90's on Thursday morning? I felt a couple personally. Caltech saw the seismic waves---they diagnosed them not from earthquakes but from shock waves coupling into skyscrapers in Downtown LA. Compatible with something flying at Mach 4-5 flying north-south.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Wasn't the consensus on those that if there was anything substantiative to those skyquakes, then they might have had something to do with a space shuttle successor.

Whether it was something resembling all of those Blackstar and two-stage aurora myths, something relatively straightforward like the X-20, a rocket-powered boost glider like the Isinglass/Rheinberry, or something truely exotic like a Delta Clipper-style "MARV on steroids", maybe air-launched or launched from a booster as a TSTO, they were more or less confirmed.

And it's always seemed fishy to me that the early 90's LA skyquakes happened ~5 years after the USAF/NRO walked away from the billions of dollars that they'd invested into the Shuttle and SLC-6, and they were flying the exact same polar reentry profile that they'd wanted to use SLC-6 for. And you never once heard about USAF brass bemoaning the loss of their multi-billion, tile-encrusted toy, when they had all but dictated every aspect of its flight envelope from the start.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

RE: Caltech analysis, is this the paper you were referring to? authors.library.caltech.edu...

The authors from CalTech analysed the sonic booms from shuttle re-entries and the Thursday morning sky quakes (using data from normal ground seismic stations) and compared. Their conclusion wasn't consistent with something travelling at Mach 5 - 6.

The analysis of the complete set of data eliminates both of the early theories for the source of the mystery booms. The lack of characteristic N-wave signatures and the fact that no booms were detected on the northwestern sites rules out the original theory of a high-speed aircraft flying north off the coast. At the speeds predicted ~Mach 5–6, one would expect to see strong N-wave signatures with high amplitude near the coast, as with the shuttle reentry booms.

They ended up concluding that all the Thursday morning sky-quakes were just normal sonic booms reflected on-shore.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
One other thing:

When the release and the roll-out finally come will we be able to draw conclusions from whether they also release images of the NG bird? I've seen discussion that both aircraft were so advanced that there was a possibility of the LM/Boeing aircraft "winning" and getting the full release and manufacture, and the NG aircraft being built on a small run for certain missions if/when needed. If that was the case I'm guessing they would keep the Northrop bird secret....

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It will be released when its politically timed to be released.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Who knows, it's possible. Since all the videos were titled "test", it could have been a prep for something and the clock/calendar pic some random shot from some IT dudes artistic portfolio that he though captured the esoteric soul the of the COPAL clock screaming out to the world in perfect silence on the injustices of time on the human psyche.
It wouldn't be the first time LM did something weird.

That is probably the coolest way to say "I don't think so" I have ever seen.

Well said lmao.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join