It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lego Worlds: Bananas, Tree-Horses, and Dragons!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hello everyone! A few days ago Lego Worlds was released on Steam Early Access, and the child in me had to buy it.

So, I've been making some Let's Plays. I only have a couple right now, I'l be working on another soon, and depending on how much feedback I receive I may continue these let's plays.

I'm fairly new to making youtube content, trying to make my videos a little better all the time. My channel is not monetized (I tried it to start with; what happened was I ended up with ads on my video and an account that was waiting to be reviewed by Google/Youtube for a few months before I gave up on it).

So, for starters, I have an intro that I cut from the main videos, it's not necessary to watch, there's no actual gameplay, just me talking and setting up the game, naming my character, etc. I cut this mostly because of the volume of my mic being too low and the main menu music drowning out my voice, but I added subtitles for anyone who's interested:

Now, the main attraction. Here's part 1 of my Lego Worlds Let's Play series:

Hope you enjoy, if you like watching other people play games at all.
Let me know, I might keep making them if there's enough interest in them.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You had me at bananas!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Glad I have somebanana.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

How is Lego Worlds? I added it to my Wishlist the day it went early access. However the screens and few clips I've seen don't really seem to set it apart from the run of the mill game.

Looking forward to watching your clip when I can!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

It's not that great in it's current form, honestly. My son loves it, though. So... good for any kids who like Legos.

The brick building is tedious and time consuming, it would help if there was some sort of drag option to pull an entire row/plane of bricks... there may be a way to do it, but I only found a way to delete bricks that way, and it isn't that easy to use. There are plenty of basic bricks to build with, but, at least currently, no such thing as window blocks (transparent blocks), doors, wheels (so you can't build your own vehicles... at least not yet). A lot of the brick placement relies on "pixel-hunting" for the sweet spot that they'll actually connect where you want them to. There is no real survival element of the game, other than avoiding having the crap beaten out of you by skeletons/zombies (which don't always attack you, and when you're killed you just lose some "coins"). The only goal the game seems to have currently is to build simple houses/structures (though there is a good selection of basic bricks to build with), explore and discover new characters, animals, and decoration blocks, and break things to collect coins.

IF they add the ability to build your own vehicles in the game, that will make it much more interesting for me, otherwise I imagine I'll soon be bored of it. Hell, I've lost two subscribers from my YT channel just from posting this video alone. I don't really care all that much, not like I'm a big youtuber anyway, but I spent more time editing the videos than I did playing the game, and enjoyed playing much more than the frustration of video editing.. I think I'm about to give up on Youtube.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I like LEGO constructor. Also, I am fan of Star Wars. LEGO Star War is game is for me

join