It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to the soul after ressurection?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It sounds like you're assuming that as soon as the body was frozen, the soul or energy moved on. I've always wondered, what if the soul were still with the body? Is it possible that the soul is trapped, tied to life through a mostly dead body? I've often wondered this, especially when pertaining to those who are in a coma or who are "vegetables". Are they comatose because the soul has left, or is the soul trapped in a body that no longer functions?

I believe the soul has the CHOICE on whether to move on or not. In my opinion, if someone is comatose and never wakes up, most likely, the soul has departed. I don�t believe the soul is �trapped� in a body. There are too many instances of it simply leaving on it�s own, hehe�

First among them for me would be to ask what the point of cryogenically freezing onesself would be, if someone else would be the run returning to that body?

Again, the issue of CHOICE. If the soul has left, and then DECIDES to come back (as long as it has not reincarnated), then no problem there. Same as with the comatose example above. If the soul decides to come back, that�s likely the spark that wakes the person up after years of being in a coma.

Secondly, is it morally right to force a soul to accept the older body that they never had the pleasure of experiencing childhood in? It would be like selling someone a "new" car, only to have them find out they bought a decades-old Pinto.

I�m assuming that once we�ve �moved on� and are between incarnations, that we get a chance to reflect on what we�ve learned in ALL of our past incarnations. It�s then a CHOICE as to which soul opening we decide to take, whether or new or older body.

Thirdly, if it was a new soul, inhabiting an old body, that would mean that it had the mind of a child in the beginning, would it not? A child that, granted, had access to the memories and knowledge of the previous of the previous owner, but had not yet learned the filters and wisdom that comes with age. Perhaps this new being might view the world with wonder, and know math and how to read, but start throwing a tantrum when they don't get their way... If adults acted as children do, we'd all be in jail or dead...

Perhaps, and perhaps that is what really happens to some victims upon reawakening. They are kind of their old self, but then not. And maybe it can�t always be chalked up to brain damage? Or, perhaps the soul decides just how clean it wants the slate, and how much it remembers and doesn�t remember. Perhaps that�s why some can remember more of past lives, in dreams and such, and others cannot?

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Well I'm sure we'll find out when they thaw out Walt Disney.

Sorry....Walt is NOT frozen. It's an urban legend/rumor, that even Readers Digest fell for when they did a story on cyrogenics a looonnng time ago.

There are other sites that will confirm this, Snopes.com however is probably the most well known.

www.snopes.com...

Regarding the souls...there is always purgatory..kinda a holding room for souls.
www.newadvent.org...

[edit on 28-12-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

In order for me to accept souls from a religious perspective, i.e resurrection, I would suggest that the soul will consistently renew with a new body, each of those in turn can or will create new souls and new bodies, or new bodies for old souls, until such time that there is that end times, since, old souls from a Christian perspective for example, would not have had the ability for eternal life without having known of Jesus.

Although cloning has not been broached, scientifically, I am not sure souls would exist, since, with cloning becoming a distinct possibility, it would have to be assumed that the body is created and harvests a soul, not that a soul harvests a body, otherwise that cloned body would not exist in the same manner as a human being produced by fertilizaton. I suppose once a human has been cloned we will find out of the body can exist, and if so, then it makes for a rather interesting scientific vs. theological discussion on whether or not the soul does exist, and which of the two is the driving force.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I guess now is a good time to share my personal religious views.

The soul itself does not care for right or wrong, good or evil, or positive and negative. It is a temporary seperation of the finite from the infinite. Whatever Powers That Be, or Divine Energy, God, Goddess, whatever you want to call it, there is an infinite pool of consciousness outside of physical space, which I'll call the Infinite.

The Infinite is unable to know what it is like to be finite. Being infinite, the finite is incomprehensibly small. It would be like us trying to imagine what it would be like if all of existance was compressed into a mathematical point. Not as in tiny, like a lepton or a quark, but as in an infinitestimally small point without width, length, or height, yet everything would still retain consciousness. It's just not conceivable.

Yet the Infinite yearns to experience this, but cannot. And so bits of it separate, in order to learn what it is to be Finite, sort of like a molecule of water vapor rising from the ocean. This finite piece of the Infinite now becomes a soul... a vessel for learning everything it can... but in the transition, it loses all knowledge of what it is like to be Infinite. The soul must start off at the most basic of lessons... how to reproduce (such as viruses) would probably be the first. Then the soul would move on to something a bit more advanced, like how to eat (such as bacteria). Then it might learn how to hunt (amoeba)... and so on, lifetime, after lifetime, after lifetime, until the lessons to be learned become more and more complex, like "How do you rescue yourself from debt?" or "How can I find happiness in life, with only that which I have now?" or "What is the nature of God?"

The Finite continues, lifetime after lifetime, eventually wondering how to become a part of the Infinite, never realizing that it is actually already a part of the Infinite seeking to know what the Finite is. When the soul has learned so much that it finally discovers how to become a part of the Infinite, it can choose to do so upon death. If it does, all knowledge of the Finite becomes lost in the transition, and the Soul rejoins the Pool.

Thus, the Infinite never fully knows what it was like to live even one single lifetime. It's not a collection of all these souls, anymore than an ocean is a collection of drops of water. It is constantly sending out parts of itself to experience the Infinite, in hopes that one day it will truly learn what it is to be Finite. Likewise, the Finite dream and yearn to be Infinite.

Eventually a soul will emerge that can transcend both the Infinite and the Finite at the same time, and bring the experience of each to the other. At that point, who knows? These are my personal spiritual beliefs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join