It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'World's first' robot kitchen cooks for visitors at CES Asia in Shanghai

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

robot sheff?
after watching this episode I am not sure...

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

As long as Blue Blotter Asid is involved things should work out just fine.

I'm just waiting for the first Robot Chef to be introduced as part of the evidence chain for a cannibal.
edit on 26-5-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

Well said, woman !

Oh gawd... the feminist in me is kicking my own bottom right now!
lol

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: gosseyn

Well said, woman !

Oh gawd... the feminist in me is kicking my own bottom right now!
lol

Well you walked right into that one.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
These robot arms here are useless.

First of all, it's because it has only limited space. It's not that you can say to him to take a piece of meat out of the fridge and then unfreeze in the microwave (which is on the other side of the kitchen). No, he can't. Instead you need to put all ingredients for a meal close to his arms. Also the point that you need to know which ingredients are required, assumes you already have good knowledge about cooking and recipies. You might as well cook yourself.

Second thing is - as someone already said: people should never ever forget to prepare the meals which they eat. They need to know what they eat. What is required to keep them alive.
Regarding that people have not enough time to prepare meat: sure they have. If they would just cook instead of watching stupid TV shows. But nobody wants to spend time anymore, because time is money, and cooking earns no money. This is not the problem of "having not enough time", but of being brainwashed by the "zeitgeist", the propaganda of our social-economic system.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I need a robot (or a woman) in my kitchen.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

by the size of some of them people ide say it was already here

funbox

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

hahahah I certainly did!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
BOUT TIME, gahd! Now wheres the one thats gonna wipe and flush for me? Im sick of doing it myself!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday
These robot arms here are useless.

First of all, it's because it has only limited space. It's not that you can say to him to take a piece of meat out of the fridge and then unfreeze in the microwave (which is on the other side of the kitchen). No, he can't. Instead you need to put all ingredients for a meal close to his arms. Also the point that you need to know which ingredients are required, assumes you already have good knowledge about cooking and recipies. You might as well cook yourself.

Second thing is - as someone already said: people should never ever forget to prepare the meals which they eat. They need to know what they eat. What is required to keep them alive.
Regarding that people have not enough time to prepare meat: sure they have. If they would just cook instead of watching stupid TV shows. But nobody wants to spend time anymore, because time is money, and cooking earns no money. This is not the problem of "having not enough time", but of being brainwashed by the "zeitgeist", the propaganda of our social-economic system.

Yeah but imagine a robot that can cook any 5 star meal for you in any fashion or any way you would ever want it with a HUGE infinite list of recipes you could add into a menu system that did your grocery shopping for your two week or whatever meal plan where drones deliver everything for you vaccum sealed inside UV ray sanitized container units.

Are you seriously complaining about NOT having to do anything for yourself? What is wrong with you....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherdaytoday

tghis is the first prototype - putting the arm assy on a mobile track would be easy - then it could operate an entire kitchen built around it

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theghostfaceentity
BOUT TIME, gahd! Now wheres the one thats gonna wipe and flush for me? Im sick of doing it myself!

Im sorry im not gonna trust a robot near my butt hole or plumbing.If you are too lazy to wipe yourself...dont. LOL.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It pretty much seems just like a conceptual robot to me, they'll display it for a few years and you'll never hear about it again. Those videos probably took the people weeks of programming for the bots to behave exactly how it did.

Some of the best robot techs out there can barely have bots walk and maintain balance, the complexity of commands is more than I've seen actual robots use. I just think we're still way too far off time wise for this stuff.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah but imagine a robot that can cook any 5 star meal for you in any fashion or any way you would ever want it with a HUGE infinite list of recipes you could add into a menu system that did your grocery shopping for your two week or whatever meal plan where drones deliver everything for you vaccum sealed inside UV ray sanitized container units.

Are you seriously complaining about NOT having to do anything for yourself? What is wrong with you....

You are talking about a completely autonomous cook&meal robot. That's miles different than this poor excuse of robot arms in a cheesy (and stupid) advertisment.

Regarding other things to do: if I didn't have time, I'd make a sandwich in 5 minutes or go to the next bakery/pizza hut. Case closed. I don't need 5***/gourmet whatever recipies to enjoy a meal, and of course not a robot. People in large cities have already alienated themselves from preparing food themselves, they totally give or take what they get and don't think about it. Which is one of the reasons the world looks as it looks. Ask the animals.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

hahahhahahahahahaha im just saying bro! 21 long years of doing this for myself, im done, i better be getting my pamper ass wiped by a robot next year! hahahahahha

(post by theghostfaceentity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Pastor

cooking for other people and they like it
is a real high
cooking for ones self when one has the munchies
sublime

women L-L-L-OVE a man who knows how to use his COOK
and not leave a mess
kitchens are not what's meant to be hard rode and put up wet

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Im sorry im not gonna trust a robot near my butt hole or plumbing.If you are too lazy to wipe yourself...dont. LOL.

remember the robot cosmetic surgury laser freak out with Farah Fawcett in LOGANS RUN?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theghostfaceentity
You did not adress me but what you hold up to be the bright future means more energy waste, polution and whatnot just for being a lazy ass while other people do not even have access to fresh water.

star meals have their name because a star cook did it....And they do not get their reputation by stupildy following a recipe. Also, if a machine does it, it´s nothing more then processed food.

To use your last sentence: What is wrong with you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join