It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm now pretty much SWITCHED from North America to Europe. The plates are moving!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I didn't have time to check out the other threads here but thats something I noticed and I thought it's worth a topic.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

maybe 2 days back there was a EQ swarm in NA. It looks like EQ's continue to take place in rather unusual places and they go back and forth back and forth.

Things are definitely moving now. Big one could happen anywhere. it is super unpredictable now.

edit on 25-5-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
AH! I saw the one I felt earlier here in France!
We had a gust of wind at the same time, and I felt the walls shaking, and wondered how that could happen to walls that are three feet thick and made of stone?? I mentioned to my husband that it might have been an earthquake instead of the wind and he laughed, "We don't get earthquakes here! You silly Californian..."
Now I get to say, nanananana, I was right...

Though I hope there isn't more than that, because where I live, bigger would be a catastrophy. The buildings are not at all made to withstand it.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am going to keep an eye open, but not getting excited until I feel a 4.5 or better.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

www.express.co.uk...

Kent in England had a 4.2 the other day...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

it is super unpredictable now.

As opposed to just unpredictable, as it pretty much always has been?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Looks like the Northern Hemisphere is warming. Spring and Summer on the way which always leads to plate shift and minor quakes.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not entirely true. Dying sealife (Whales) are a good indication of big upcoming Earthquake. Happened in 2011 Japan Earthquake and before the nepal Earthquake.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it a good indication, not when thousands upon thousands of animal die-offs don't include an earthquake that follows.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Happened in 2011 Japan Earthquake and before the nepal Earthquake.

And it's happened a lot more times when there was no earthquake.

Sometimes the phone rings just as I step into the shower. I guess getting in the shower is a good indication that my phone is about to ring.

edit on 5/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I hope its not shifting as im off on holiday to santorini(greek volcanic island) in 3 weeks time, I had a very visit dream about 6 months ago of a massive earthquake as I was near a beach!!!!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
I wouldn't call it a good indication, not when thousands upon thousands of animal die-offs don't include an earthquake that follows.

But thousands upon thousands was since the Fuku disaster... I'm not sure how frequently whale die offs happened before 2011 to be honest.

It appeared that the event was similar enough to what happened before the 2011 quake to expect&predict a big Earthquake if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

If by "moving", you mean reacting to a wave of movement, sure. I am no expert on plate tectonics, but wold guess that vibrations could travel quite a ways.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

If by "moving", you mean reacting to a wave of movement, sure. I am no expert on plate tectonics, but wold guess that vibrations could travel quite a ways.

I'm no expert neither.

All I can say don't fail for date setters or Jeesus coming back or any of this. I made this mistake in the past and while I didn't buy into the 2012 End of the world hype, I viewed information spred by fear mongerers as possibility.
From now on I only believe what I see when I have information from a legit source and not "someone from NASA said this would happen".

I'm now convinced that we're entering a era of greater Earthquakes and I believe some of them will trigger quite some volcanic erruptions too.

So yeah the earth is moving and shaking. Just Be aware and no fear!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sometimes the phone rings just as I step into the shower. I guess getting in the shower is a good indication that my phone is about to ring. 

Maybe not... but if I have a gooey, sticky substance on both hands, I am pretty much guaranteed that my nose will develop an itch!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage Getting in the shower when you know the phone is going to ring is what is causing all of this. The slippery hand-set effect.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Oh, I tend to ignore anyone with a "sure date". Way too much of that, these days!

We are indeed into a greater period of quakes. I looked on the USGS site a few years ago, and saw verification that they have increased. No idea if that is there now or not, but it was then. Living in fear of them would be paralyzing. It isn't like there is any place one could go and avoid them. I expect volcanoes as well, but am not worried. I know who hold the future!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I thought the latest ideas were that when a plate gets thrust under another this effects further up the plate's edges. That made sense to me and was shown during a documentary to be possible. Has this theory now gone and we are back to unpredictability? Sitting in the UK its not a major for my family yet, although we do have fault lines which rarely bump us. I have felt earthquakes when living in Italy (I was lying in bed on a thick feather mattress and woke thinking is was on a ship). So I have been lucky when living in an earthquake zones and feel for those who suffer a major one as thinking that our own planet can destroy us so mercilessly is damn frightening.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
both the North American plate and the Eurasian plates are huge...

so the cause for swarms of EQs is different in each location...
I would venture that in N America the swarms are because of fracking
but along the Eurasian & indian plates the cause is the seafloor spreading around the red-sea in NE Africa

just a inferred conclusion

also see: pubs.usgs.gov...
notice the deep red area side by side with the rift area between the Arabian plate and Africa plate which follows the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden etc all spreading & pushing the Indian/Arabian Plates against the Eurasian Plate.

there is only an 'apparent' swing between swarms on either side of the planet... will you decide that the intensity & frequency of quakes is hitting a crescendo when both sides of the Atlantic experience EQs at the same time ?

NO , that is certain to happen
edit on th31143263988626312015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread Eagleye, S&F.

I woke up from a nightmare that we were having an earthquake around midnight this morning, and was pretty shook up (sorry about the pun) but it seemed very, very real in my dream.

Where we live in the Great Lakes area we are not prone to quakes and this was enough to get me online this morning to find this thread. Then I went looking for current quakes to see if there were any in the area, well nothing turned up but I did find the following link.

Earthquakes Today

Very interesting to note that there were 7 in Oklahoma (all 3.0 or less) just today, all in a very tight long/lat co-ordinate. Is that a common occurrence for the region? Are clusters of tremors like this a precursor to bigger events?

I guess I'm a newbie at this but find the history of the New Madrid fault a bit unsettling (bad pun) given its proximity. Will follow along with the discussion and welcome insights from rest of you.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Little but possibly important update:

Besides some bigger 4.8-5.1 Quakes in places like the phillipines . There is now a Swarm in NA and across Europe althought Europe still shows more movement.

It's interesting to note that both swarms are almost at the exact same height AND the Biggest quakes can be found in the North West and South East of the world map.

I'ts really something to keep an eye on.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
edit on 27-5-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join