It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i got rocked today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
literally.
it was a nice day so my wife and i were out for a cruise on the bike.

i was in the right lane and a car was in front of me. it took off normal, then me and all of a sudden i got blasted.
the friggin car kicked a rock about the size of a walnut out from the back tire and it cracked me on the chin and then hit my tank.

any other riders have anything like this happen to them?

even though i was not going fast nor was the car, it hurt like hell

comes with the territory i guess but it is still a shock when something like that hapens

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly
I was riding on an old dirt road back when I was a teen. Was cruising about 40mph when I passed in between 2 corn fields. As I did I felt a pain in my chest like I had been shot.I looked down and there was a hornet buried in my chest through my shirt. Worst thing about it , I had to pull the hornet out.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I was coming back from Idaho to California, just came out of the mountains of Oregon heading towards Big Bend... 500 meters down the two lane road a dump truck dropped what looked like a hard ball, but it was a rock.... I watched it bouncing high on the road and by the time I ran into I was hit not the bike. Right in the charlie horse part of the thigh. It took every bit of tenacity I owned to shut down the bike lower the kick stand as it was my left leg (kick stand leg). I got off the bike and fell to the ground and wept. Pulled out a special smoke 10 mins later..... The US Army taught me I had that strength that many people do not know they own.

I am very please you and your lady did not become road rash as a result. I so wanted to go after that truck and it took an hour before I got back on her and started to the next town where my credit card hungry ate the machine for a room that night. I am grateful myself for not having damaged the bike, not loosing it, and not having been able to catch the driver. YOUR driver was an accident, dump truck had an unsecured tail gate...

It happens...

I was speeding! Long trip been gone for 30 days was tired and was like Breezer in the middle of the road with high beams after midnight... I could not move out of the way.

Edit to add my sin of speeding line

edit on 5/23/2015 by IceHappy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

a guy a know was riding and felt the same kind of sting. turns out a yellow jacket flew up his pant leg and stung/was stinging him way up in his thigh. he had to hop off the bike with the quickness

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So sorry, I know that hurt like hell. I'm surprised you didn't need stitches. Must have been a smooth rock.

I had a red wasp fly up my top the other day while I was watering my flowers!
It stung me twice on the back before I could get rid of it. I killed that wasp too. I surely did kill it with the heel of my shoe. It's stinging days ended abruptly on my patio.

DAMN! It's not safe anywhere!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You're luck it didn't knock you out, break your jaw, or flat out wreck you. Is your chin okay?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I knew a guy that got hit in the head by a starter that fell out of the back of a truck.
Notice I said "knew," as in past-tense.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Had something similar happen to me in my mid-20s. Riding on back roads, with no traffic and no one in sight, enjoying the afternoon. I slowed as I saw a man ahead working in his yard. As I approached , and before I passed him, I thought I got shot. He was cutting his lawn, and must have ran over a rock with his side-discharge lawnmower. I slowed down immediately, looking at my right arm--no blood, just pain. Mow-man was unaware of what had transpired, and when my heart slowed down, I took the quickest route home and called it a day.

I can understand your shock and pain, glad you didn't get hit in a vital area with more serious injuries. I gotta say, I played hockey for 21 years, and as a goalie got my fair share of bruises. Even taking 95mph pucks I never got hit between the pads as this rock did to my arm. We both were victims of a rare occurrence, and lucky outcomes.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

A bumble bee at full force to the face when your visor is up is pretty impresssive.

top topics

join