It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can reply to posts within a topic, but can't reply "to" the topic....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Notice the "New Thread" and "Reply" glyphs are absent:

Ideas?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
PC forum requires 500 posts.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Well, okay then.

Seems strange, however, that you don't need that many to reply to any particular post, catch my drift?

I mean, I could click on the quote or reply to the OP, then delete out the reply / quote tags and post a reply without issue.

edit on 18-5-2015 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I run into same thing in various times and various forums inside ATS. Have no clue why its so tho.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

Well, okay then.

Seems strange, however, that you don't need that many to reply to any particular post, catch my drift?

I mean, I could click on the quote or reply to the OP, then delete out the reply / quote tags and post a reply without issue.

Yeah, I don't understand this. Why do you need 500 posts to just use the general Reply button in that forum but you can just circumvent not being able to reply on a thread by replying to someone's post?

I can kind of understand a restriction for starting threads in some places, but replying to them? Maybe like 50 or 100 posts but 500 seems really harsh.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
I can kind of understand a restriction for starting threads in some places, but replying to them? Maybe like 50 or 100 posts but 500 seems really harsh.

It took us many years to allow certain topics on ATS. It was tried many times. THIS is the best we could come up with to keep the topic on ATS. The other option is to remove that topic again. So "harsh"? I don't think so.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard

Well, okay then.

Yeah, I don't understand this. Why do you need 500 posts to just use the general Reply button in that forum but you can just circumvent not being able to reply on a thread by replying to someone's post?

A little proof how to circumvent: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I clicked on "reply" to the OP's post, deleted all the texts / tags, and typed my response. Basically, I did what the "reply" glyph would do, but it only took me two extra steps to circumvent that restriction.

On the other hand, if I had something really pressing to post on that forum which warranted immediate posting, how does one get the ability to post that? Seems like someone is imposing restrictions on things without really thinking things through,

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

There are Ts and Cs...which we all agreed to....and you admit you got a two step way around them.

I dont think the site owner or moderators arent within the rules...however, you admitted you are....

There are reasons for everything at this members only forum. Simple. Best not to try to go around the rules here.

Got an issue? PM the owner or mods.
edit on 18-5-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

I still did not get it whats going on with this issue? Some topics, does not even seem to be specific forum but some topics here and there misses the reply button at the top of the topic but still i can post my message by replying to anyone else`s replies under the topic. It seems like its a bug of sort? Also remembered that sometimes its up there and next time return to the post its missing the reply button at the top of the topic but again i can still reply to anyone else`s message under the topic.. Quite odd issue indeed.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Notice the "New Thread" and "Reply" glyphs are absent:

Ideas?

You have to build your street cred on ATS. That's how it works.
ATS is one of the biggest and oldest forums on the planet, they have survived because of the amount of street cred they have. That also makes ATS the most legitimate site, because of the dedication of the mods and owners who invest a lot into ensuring we have a credible site.

Until you get the required number, you will just have to visit a lot of threads and comment as much as you can.

top topics

join