It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: researcher admitted to hacking plane in-flight, causing it to “climb”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

There's always a crowd that will believe it, because of his supposed expert status. I think most people are going to ignore it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As usual, the that fact won't be released until 20 years from now.

I am of the opinion that doing destructive things to the control of the airplane I am in, while in the air, is quite foolish.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
On any grounds, most newer cars can be hacked into, specially ones with wifi being built into them, lol. You'd be amazed at what people can access from hacked vehicles, now planes, why would it be so far off to believe someone can hack them?

The only secure system, is a system not online EVER, and even then you have just reduced things down to the personal element.

Think this way, if it was digitally made or operated, it can in some way shape or form be hacked, even the security measures to prevent the hacks can be hacked. It's just a matter of how you view the systems and subsystems in place.

Expert or non-expert, you know what? They don't matter anymore, we live in the internet age, a total dummy can easily understand some application or script and then learn from experience afterwards, and if a dummy can do it, how about a motivated person with a GED or more.

If someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it, that's the human spirit.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join