It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americana Songs From My Studio Sessions And The Brief Stories Behind Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sarah Beth is a song I wrote sometime ago. My buddy's best friend from back home's name was Sarah Beth and he talked about her often, which always made me wonder if there might have been more had things been slightly different.

Can't Slow Down is really just a simple idea of finally gathering the courage to leave a small town. Nothing original about the idea, but fairly catchy nonetheless.

World Keeps On Turning was a song that I had one line to that I played for one of my friends while hanging out getting smashed (unfortunately). In all his wisdom he turns to me with a 100% serious tone and says, "Man you should write a song about all your thoughts and opinions on life." lol. So I gave it my best shot. I kept it plain and simple. I think we did it in two takes.

Burning Chances. I believe this song was subconsciously the beginning of me realizing I had an addiction problem. It took a few more years but I finally came around.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated. If you saw this and took the time to listen, thank you.
edit on 13-5-2015 by solongandgoodnight because: type of music

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Great music! I like the harp the best and the lyrics of Burning Chances. Keep on going with your inspirations and you will just follow a dream onward. Stick with it and have patience. Most of all, just have fun.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Chansi3Thanks so much for listening! My main goal is strictly the songwriting side, and I may have a chance with an artist from France of all places. He's releasing a single with Warner June 5, and if it goes well he will put out an album with them. He's wanting to use one my songs called Calling Angels on it. So, fingers crossed. You never know.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

That is great news. I wish you the best of all good fortunes on your endeavors. Calling Angels has good lyrics as well. Thank you for sharing your music. Looking forward to others.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Chansi3Thanks for encouragement and taking the time to listen to my work.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Mate, that is awesome! I truly enjoyed it and appreciate you sharing with us, keep up the good work.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Very good stuff! (And I'm pretty cynical.)

I play guitar and bass. I have developed a great appreciation for pedal steel. I want to get one.
Sarah Beth and Burning Chances hooked me instantly. The bass in Burning Chances is great.

Seriously...this is some really good stuff. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wonderful! Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Oh, yeah! I'll be listening to you SoundCloud channel some!

Smacks just a little bit of some later Steve Earle.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thanks so much! If you get a pedal steel, a carter starter is good route to go. I haven't played mine in a while. At the time Sarah Beth was recorded I was a utility player for a band so I was somewhat in practice. Now I play lead guitar which is nice since I don have to carry 3 or 4 instruments to a show lol.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
You caught me! Steve Earle is a song writing genius and a heavy influence for me.

join