It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spellchecker?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hey You Crazy Kids,

Sorry to bug. Is it just that I haven't been paying close attention, or did we just get some augmented spell-checking?

I'm asking for a couple of reasons. One is that the idea has inspired me to write a thread up about that sort of thing. The other is that I am wondering if it might tie in to the Google SEO-apocalypse in terms of better spelling being more appetizing to Google's new updates.

Thanks.

edit on 5-5-2015 by Bybyots because: Am I seriously the only one that gets excited about spell-checkers? Jesus.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I thnik tath we cna rlue otu a splel chckeer mtae.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj^

If I misspell while writing a post, that word will be underlined in red. It's been that way since Adam was a baby, I think.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think it depends on your browser, Mrsnonspecific uses a different one to me and I think it spell checks as opposed to ATS but could be wrong.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I just ues the brwosers.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots
Is it possible that an updated browser has given you the spell-checking?
At one point I was getting a very irritating Americanised spell-check, then I disabled that function in Firefox and it disappeared.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Evwething im dys poast haz skwiggewly redd lynes.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I use Firefox, and it has a spellchecker in there, words come up underlined in red when I spell them wrong.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Yes I agree, it is the same for me on chrome, it is kind of universal. Spell check is of course very different from auto correct. Thank god we don't have auto correct, that would be hellish.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey thanks for checking in folks.

Yeah, Firefox has a spellchecker, it just seems to me that the red underlines are more plentiful. Like it's been given more words to recognize as having been spelled wrong.

I'm primarily wondering how our poorly spelt user-generated-content is going to survive (or has been surviving) the onset of Panda and Penguin.

You guys know where I'm going with this, right?

The war. You know. The one between "the spelling and grammar nazis" and the rest of you.

I am pretty sure Google just quietly ended it. I predicted that this would be the case a couple of years back.

Grammar and Spelling Nazis win.

edit on 5-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Auto correct constantly has to be corrected on certain words because it just does not want to learn Cdn spelling.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Man, I just thought of another weird question: what does ATS do with the headers of the images that we upload? Does it change whatever the file was called as soon as it is uploaded?

Hmmm

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

edit on 5-5-2015 by Bybyots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
On the ATS app, if I spell a word wrong or leave a letter out when I start to erase it, as soon as I get to the first letter of the word I'm erasing there appears another word, sometime uptp 10 words can appear before I can erase the word completely. Sometimes it takes me 10 mins to erase a word or simply add a letter.

Does this happen to anyone else?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It's your browser not ATS.

top topics

join