It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help seeing with my eyes closed, can anyone help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Seeing with your eyes closed you say! Ludacris, No! I am not a rapper.

Several times in my life, I have seen vivid clear images in my head, however when I realize that I am seeing something, I move my eyes and its gone. Its there, and then I attempt to focus on it, to understand it, and it fades to black.

I am really hoping someone could give me some advice on this subject, I feel as if what I am being shown could be important.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iclimbtowers

Hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations are visual, tactile, auditory, or other sensory events, usually brief but occasionally prolonged, that occur at the transition from wakefulness to sleep (hypnagogic) or from sleep to wakefulness (hypnopompic). The phenomenon is thought to have been first described by the Dutch physician Isbrand Van Diemerbroeck in 1664.[1] The person may hear sounds that are not there and see visual hallucinations. These visual and auditory images are very vivid and may be bizarre or disturbing.

www.patient.co.uk...
maybe?

or

Closed-eye hallucinations and closed-eye visualizations (CEV) are a distinct class of hallucination. These types of hallucinations generally only occur when one's eyes are closed or when one is in a darkened room. They can be a form of phosphene. Some people report closed-eye hallucinations under the influence of psychedelics. These are reportedly of a different nature than the "open-eye" hallucinations of the same compounds. Closed eye hallucination is directly related to a chronic type.

en.wikipedia.org...
Eh?

edit on 22-4-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That could be it, perhaps I just stay a bit too awake before sleep, I was kind of hoping, to break into my inner landscape! Or grasp a deeper meaning of myself.

And none of these events happened while under the influence.

However sometimes I have vivid daydreams as well, but Its all very random.
edit on 22-4-2015 by iclimbtowers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Tattoo something on the inside of your eyelids?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Then I'll just have to buy a flashlight for the inside of my eyes!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Maybe you are remote viewing, without meaning to.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, and If that is the case, I need tips on maintaining a detached focus.

Remote viewing could answer oh so many of my questions.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Instead of trying to focus on it, let it just unfold in your minds eye.
best way I can put it is to allow the images to be, don't focus on them, just kind of pan out instead of trying to see detail, you need to see the whole picture.

I used to have almost lucid dreams like that where I could see something, but if I tried to stay looking at it, it would just fade away. After a while I found that if I just allowed the image to be without trying to control it, I would get a better view of it, almost like pulling back a camera.

I was always in rooms. By a window, and a couple of times when this happened, shortly after I would move to a place that had that same window and room, with the same blinds and tables. So you could be remote viewing like what was already suggested.
That is a possible answer, and if it is,
then you might start finding the objects you are seeing.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Thanks, I'm going to give it a shot, I don't know why I have such a hard time, not focusing in on the details.

I really appreciate the input if you think of any other tips please do let me know!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Here's how to practice it.

My suggestion is to buy an alarm clock with an adjustable snooze alarm. What you want to do is find the optimal time it takes you to fall back asleep after you stop the alarm.

REM sleep can last between five and thirty five minutes so you'll want to find the optimal time for that as well. When adjusting your snooze alarm, compensate for the amount of time you can last in REM sleep.

For example, my specific time is around twenty seven minutes. It sounds strange, but I found twenty five minutes too predictable while meditating and experimented.

My alarm will repeat four times, so I set it about two hours before I need to get up for work. The first alarm, is when I decide to get up and use the bathroom or get a glass of water.

I hop back in bed and easily fall right back asleep. The second alarm goes off and it forces my brain into a pattern of wakefulness while still allowing me to easily fall back into REM sleep.

I fall asleep more slowly and this is where me dreams begin to materialize. Increased brain activity while allowing yourself to fall back asleep also increases the likelihood of having more vivid dreams, especially lucid ones. I have trained myself to fall back into the same dream repeatedly.

When my third alarm goes off, I switch to the one position that I can't fall asleep in, my back. I can never, ever fall asleep on my back and for some strange reason it puts me in this extreme meditative state after I stop the alarm.

It's like my body falls asleep and my brain is stuck between REM and being awake. This is what I believe you are experiencing and doing this daily will help you achieve a more fulfilling daydream. Your alone time becomes more meaningful and your mind is no longer a prison, it is your palace.

edit on 22-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I would suggest staying awake until you are ready to sleep. I mean, if you close your eyes, you're going to be asleep almost instantaneously.

Stare into the room (with the lights on) but do not stare at a specific thing. Stay in your mind. Now close your eyes but try to imagine the room as it was, what you were seeing. If you can catch it, you'll be in a dream state but fully aware. You will be looking at the room as it appeared seconds ago.

I've done this more than a few times. If you can catch it, you won't even realize your eyes are closed. It feels like your eyelids are made of glass. It is really weird.

I've lifted my arm with my eyes closed and I was looking at my arm. I blinked / opened my eyes and my arm was exactly where I saw it through my eye lids. Granted, it is just a mind game in a sense but it is close to what you're seeking - in the sense that you can see with your eyes closed.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This reminds me of what Plotinus said: "We must close our eyes and invoke a new way of seeing, though few put it to use". My thought is that he was talking about meditation. Using the eye that is normally closed to see what is hidden all around us.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ok I can help with this one , I've participated in this ritual perhaps one to many times. Ok here's what you do go to a cow field in say south Texas or Louisiana, make sure it has rained recently and the temperature is near 86 degrees f everyday. Pick mushrooms growing from cow poo make sure they bruise blue and have a purple spore print and are tan and even reddish on the cap. Wash them off ,ingest, enjoy 6 to 8 hours of seeing with your eyes closed. And hearing other peoples thoughts and ego loss perhaps Nirvana.

Disclaimer: don't actually do this mmm k kids drugs are bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

This is something I could practice, I would just need to avoid using the alarm clock, small children waking up extra early makes for an unhappy wife! I do remember even as a teenager, when I would wake up in the morning and just be like eh, I'm sleeping in, and instantly go back into my dreams, in a more conscious state.

Bluetrees, I have experienced that once, I could see and my eyes were closed but I didn't realize it, I walked to my bathroom no problem and when I flipped the light switch I noticed my eyes were closed, the red hue from the eye lids took me out of it. I believe that if more than just a mind trick could be a great skill to have.

Oannes, I do a meditation a day, I could probably go for more, however the meditation I am working on now, involves seeing inside the mind, or behind the eyes. Which goes well until I go into a trance like state and just sort of go blank, and then I just feel as if I am waking up, but haven't been asleep.

TechniXcality, probably best to dry them first, but I have given up on using any helpers to achieve what I am searching for.

top topics

join