It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fault line in Ventura California may be capable of an 8. + magnitude earthquake with tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Considering all the recent big earthquake talk I felt this was worthy to share here. I did do a search and couldn't find anything, sorry if I missed it and this has already been posted.

www.nbclosangeles.com...#

www.skyvalleychronicle.com...

This interests me because I used to live smack dab in the middle of downtown Ventura, CA

A major earthquake on the Ventura fault, which runs through downtown Ventura and into the ocean, is estimated to occur every 400 to 2,400 years. The last major quake hit about 800 years ago.

In fact, I was living there during the same time period that I joined ATS, my enhanced paranoia of big earthquakes at the time is what led me to the site.

I used to bomb my skateboard right through the middle of town then I would ride to the coast and go surfing. I lived at a place called "the avenue" in a rental conveniently built underneath a future landslide ready to collapse. Perfect! Needless to say, I'm happy to be out of there.

In the link they say it is estimated that a big EQ is expected to hit this particular undersea fault every 400-2400 years, and it's been 800 since the last one. So we can look at that in two ways. Either it will happen any second now, or at most, in another 1600 years or so.

Nothing too exciting but maybe this is news to somebody.

edit on 20-4-2015 by GoShredAK because: Polishing

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I was born and have grown up for 53 years in CA. I say this with 100% certainty....ALL of CA is capable of experiencing an 8.0+ earthquake at any given time. I am at peace with this and remain thankful each night as I lay down my head to sleep.
I live in no fear but am prepared well should it occur.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You Californians are pretty darn tough about earthquakes that is for certain.

I too live in an earthquake prone region here in Alaska, volcano too. I don't worry about it much, but in Cali I was pretty uncomfortable at times, that's just me though.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

It is only a matter of time and my gut tells me it will be within the next 5 years. We will see a big....BIG quake in California. It will change the very soul of the state......It will be that bad.

Many people are starting to prep for some reason as of late. It is a booming industry and millions are preppers now. I think it is a sign of the times. Society has a soul and I think this soul can feel something coming.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

These are the very same words that drove me to become an ATS lurker and eventually join. Kind of refreshing.

When I lived near LA I felt very uneasy at times. I would get this sense of impending doom and it seemed like the ground was going to start rocking and rolling at any moment.

Most likely just my own anxiety, but maybe I was feeling what you are describing.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Many people are starting to prep for some reason as of late. It is a booming industry and millions are preppers now. I think it is a sign of the times. Society has a soul and I think this soul can feel something coming.

I wish I could be a prepper, These days I can hardly afford to prep for the following week. So I'll just continue working on preparing my mind and soul.

It seems like a lot of places are due or overdue for a big quake, somethings got to give eventually.

join