It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Madness of the US presidential election cycle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I want to remind us that it will be 19 months to the election of the next president of the US!

If there was ever something called “Political Madness” it’s the American election cycle of 2 years roughly to elect a president and where Hillary for example plans to raise over 2.5 billon dollars to get elected!

Let me repeat that.

Hillary Clinton is going to raise 2.5 BILLION DOLLARS to get elected!

ARE WE MAD?

Why?

Won’t this political system ever get a hold on this insanity?

In fact we could do this in a few months

The political junkies, such as Chris Mathews, of course are drooling at the mouth (and in his case if you’ve ever watch him this is literally the case) over this show.

Is this reasonable?

Does it have any logical reason to have an election that takes 2 years to complete?

I don’t see any reason for this

And to me this is the essence of POLITICAL MADNESS

What lies behind this stupidity? Is there any sinister, conspiratorial reason for this

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Hillary Clinton is going to raise 2.5 BILLION DOLLARS to get elected!

That just might likely be the most frivolous $2.5 billion ever spent.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I wonder how many starving homeless that would have fed, clothed or housed for a week??

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Campaign finance reform would stop this insanity. Except the very same people who benefit from this insanity are the people who have to vote for it. It's the same reason we will never see congressional term limits, or a cut in congressional salaries. Our representatives are minding the candy store.

Now we have to listen to 19 months of lies and BS from politicians who crave power, money and influence. The American public will once again be gullible and believe these politicians are going to address the needs of average Americans. Once they're elected, the needs of corporations and the rich become the priority while the majority of Americans continue to complain we get $hit on. It's a never ending story. Our system is fixed, and definitely not for the people!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

In the US for only a week? I would have to say all of them.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Definately prooves how sick and rotten this sorry excuse for a human is :/

Its 7.7$ for every US citizen! LOL - absolutely disgusting!

Well, I guess if you can't earn your voters respect, you can always try buying it.

edit on 15/4/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It is madness, it's an obscene display, It's a show and like Zappa said...."It's the entertainment arm of the military/industrial complex.

How ever it does put a lot of people to work and generate an income for many. , much like the superbowl, Mardi Gras, or any other nationally broadcast event that uses tons of support people working behind the scenes; To cater to the traveling candidates and their enterauge, the press, media, security, huge office staff, lots of overtime for the cops, hospital workers, and city employees that live in whistle stop cities.

Pomp and circumstance, signifying nothing....
The circus is in town.....
edit on 15-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Cute..the right pretending to care about the poor..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The UK basicaly does it all in like a month.

Dont know how a goverment is meant to function if for 2 years you have to spend it on elections and pandering to voters

Hell dont you guys get sick to death? Its only 2 weeks into our election cycle in the Uk and im sick to death already, two more weeks of it is bad enough!
edit on 15-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
All of that...

Then some nameless, faceless people decide.

Cause, it's all some kind of ridiculous charade.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
We should ban all political ads.

All names of those running should be removed from the ballots.

Ballots should have "Candidate 1" , "Candidate 2" and so on.

Under each candidate is a list of their accomplishments, voting record, and an essay from them on what they plan to do while in office.

Voters will then be forced to read and elect a person on their record and what they stand for.

Of course, those voters paying attention will know who the candidates are from their records and essays, that means most Americans won't have a clue who they are voting for.

edit on 15-4-2015 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

refreshingnews99.blogspot.com...

"In the last 5 years, the 200 most politically active companies in the US spent $5.8 billion influencing our government with lobbying and campaign contributions. Those same companies got $4.4 trillion in taxpayer support -- earning a return of 750 times their investment."

Today, millions of Americans will begrudgingly pay their taxes to a government that does not inspire confidence. With public trust in government at near historic lows, many Americans believe that their elected representatives don't care what the average citizen thinks.

Unfortunately, they're right.

For the vast majority of Americans, "taxation without representation" isn't just a relic of high school social studies -- it's a perfect description of their relationship with a political system that's been thoroughly corrupted by money.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The better the show the more the slaves believe the illusion of freedom they have .. a good show costs money to produce ...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I wonder what promises and commitments she has made to those large donators. I can hazard a guess we won't find out.

What is it with the US political system that allows family members to not only have the opportunity to run for office but actually get in. I mean the bushes, clintons seem to be blessed with something, it cant be brains. Land of the free? Only if you have more dollars than everyone else or have lineage.
edit on 16-4-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The UK basicaly does it all in like a month.

if this new "fixed-term" idea isn't dropped, campaigning will start stretching out to American levels. This time round, there were oblique manoeuvres beginning before Christmas.
edit on 16-4-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully

I would give your idea multiple stars if I could..

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It is no surprise. They use all the time leading up to the election to raise mega millions for themselves and the ones they have working to get dirt on the other candidates. Those commercials that they put out are simply thought control . I have always said , we have the best elected officials money can buy.And what is up now with all the MSN touting how much a candidate can raise. What does that money mean to the voter ? Nothing. But yet they spout of so an so has this amazing amount of money to run on as if that is a legitimate reason to vote for that candidate. I go by research and information.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I've always felt that it's rather weird (and not to mention distracting to sitting politicians) to focus on the Presidential election a year and half away from the actual election. We should be paying attention to what our politicians are doing NOW not who our politicians will be 2 years from now. Of course, because the election cycle kicks on, no real legislation will get passed anyways. What a circus...

new topics

top topics

join