It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things look different in 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Over the last few months we has saw a total disregard for life and freedom in the USA, I watched a video today on youtube that shows that terrorists are not the problem. They are taking all your rights and getting ready to meet you with force if you don't submit they see you as the problem.

The Uk is not much better' I think we should be scared of our Governments

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

I have one standard reply to this statement. If you think that American citizens had more rights in the past than they do now. You should probably look up and thoroughly study McCarthyism.
edit on 14-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

No' we know we have been under the thumb but things are really different, The USA like the UK is a Christian nation yet any of these beliefs can get you in jail now, we had a nurse lose her job because she said to a sick person she would say a prayer for her the woman was a muslim, now I'm sure the woman never complained so who is behind this agenda and what is their purpose.
If a muslim said I will pray to allah for you I would see it as an act of kindness, so how can you lose your job for an act of kindess, what kind of people have we allowed to get control.

Everything seem upside down now, in the UK parents get fined if their kid misses a day in school, I just found this out about a month ago, I can't believe their was no outcry about this, what is happening to people why do they just accept this, in the 7os and 80s we would never believe anything like this could ever happen and the attack on Christian's and their believes.

Whether you believe in Jesus or not is not important but the message given was one of peace and love so why would anyone find this offensive ( what are they up to)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

look at the amount of police killings, in the past would you be scared of the police' not as much as now Id bet, kids in our area run when they see the police despite not doing anything, if kids don't trust them and run why do full grown adults not see the danger.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

A nurse lost her job because she said something wow.

During McCarthyism the mere mention of favoring communism could get your name published in the newspaper and you black balled from any job prospects.

Not to mention that the House committee on un-American activities would throw your ass in federal jail with a high bond and let you sit there until you went to court. Now the courts (another institution this generation hates) straightened everything out. But the government was running rapid during that time.

Issues like this are where I really have a problem with the younger generation. Everyone's opinions have started at 9:11, any historical facts before then are excused, minimized, or not applicable in a true haters opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Then why do you sing Land Of The Free

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You have a reading comprehension problem? As I've stated things are better now than they were in the 1950s.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

tell me what is better, I can't think of one single thing

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas

tell me what is better, I can't think of one single thing

Tell that to a black person or a white woman.
edit on 4/14/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

What black person would that be, the one that was shot in the back last week or the millions in Jail

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

White woman as with all woman can't to stay at home and watch their children as one wage is not enough to live on, 200 years ago they could, a 100 years ago they could, 50 years ago they could, but not now.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

What black person would that be, the one that was shot in the back last week or the millions in Jail

Are you REALLY going to try to say that blacks don't have it better now than they did in the 50's?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

White woman as with all woman can't to stay at home and watch their children as one wage is not enough to live on, 200 years ago they could, a 100 years ago they could, 50 years ago they could, but not now.

Is that what all women long to do, stay at home and watch the children?

You're clueless.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Your video won't play for some reason. What was on it?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yes, those days were also bad and for ridiculous reasons.

And now you can lose your job by being a smoker, or not vaccinating, or any number of modern day "reasons" and easily put into a blacklist in each corporation for reasons you might never even know about.

You can no longer run a business as you like. Road laws have never been stricter. Drug laws incarcerate hundreds of thousands of our children. Liberties are being stripped away continually.

It does no one good to make excuses from comparisons like that. Just because it's better off now in some ways, does not mean things are not really, really bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I don't agree with you on almost anything you said.

Your Second paragraph with the exception of vaccinations mainly covers insurance regulations and employers personal choice not to mention a little bit of paranoia thrown in on the end. Nope don't see the gubermit taking away much there. (and before you say so the Government and private corporations aren't the same thing)

3rd paragraph....

Running a business; Hasn't changed much since the 70s except worker safety.

Road laws have never been stricter ; I assume you're talking about drunk driving and seatbelts, well you can blame that on the same people who are now crying about our loss of rights........liberals. ( speaking of which another liberal made the national speed limit 55 when I was young)

War on drugs; Hated it never believed in it but now at least the systems working and we're moving towards fixing it.

Last paragraph ; I made no excuses I only stated facts. And I do not agree things are worse now than they were during McCarthyism. Christ back then they would tap your phone without a court order, Open your mail without a court order and drag you off to jail for the very thing you are doing right now. Hollywood careers were ruined for going to the wrong party or subscribing to the wrong magazine. The only reason you would be arguing these facts is because you are uninformed of what actually happened back then.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I do apologize for coming off a little strong there. At the time, I was on a heated topic on a completely different site's forum and I think that peaked through in my response.

I do feel our liberties are in bad shape. And I have a difficult time when folks compare wrongs with say, "could be worse, or it's worse over there". But, you do have valid points about the problems of the era.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I probably came on a little aggressively for that I also apologize. I agree things could be better but then things could be a lot worse too.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Video doesn't seem to work for me =/

top topics

join