It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Like You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah I know I'm posting a lot of threads over many forums these last few days but I'm in a good place right now and having fun sharing me with you.

Sorry if you're getting tired of seeing my name come up so often but guess what? Don't care. Lots of other members here to visit.

So with that out of the way...Do you like you?

Came across this and just knew I'd have another thread to write.

To be honest I had no idea who the artist was until about 30 minutes ago. Not my musical preference, not my era.

The title caught me..."Try"

Singer-songwriter Colbie Caillat is turning heads with her new video for all the right reasons. The song makes a powerful statement about unfair beauty standards by shunning hair and make-up. Read more at www.sunnyskyz.com...

This is a beautiful woman who got caught up in the trappings and unrealistic expectations of our society that so many women fall for as well. So she shed everything for all to see along with many others in the vid.

Publicity? Could be and most likely. But think about all the young girls who try to emulate their idols. It doesn't matter how they get the message that they are beautiful enough without all the pressures to buy, change, transform, hide, cover, paint, act and prove....

I'm ok with it.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I was beginning to wonder if you made a thread about everything you think of and see. (Jk) lol

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I was beginning to wonder if you made a thread about everything you think of and see. (Jk) lol

It's actually a new thing over the last week. Don't know why but I'm having fun.

I usually post a few every Month or so. A few a week is a roll. But the last few days??? No idea why.

I mentioned a week or so ago that I'm most likely leaving ATS soon so I guess I'm just getting ready to leave on a high note.

Jude11

edit on 5-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yeah I was just kidding. Keep up what you're doing I've enjoyed most your threads.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Im glad to see that hapiness is still around, i wish you a nice sunday.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Lol buddy she's not doing that for publicity..

She's really like that.. And she's very famous already.

Cool song

My Ex loves Colbie.. She even arranged some of her music for her old acapella group.

edit on 5-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It's actually quite a philosophical question. As history shows, adornment is a human activity which has persisted throughout known history. Oddly enough, men too have worn high-heels and makeup during various periods.

If we are to accept ourselves for who we are, we must also accept that we are prone to adorn ourselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne

It's actually quite a philosophical question. As history shows, adornment is a human activity which has persisted throughout known history.

We are ashamed of not being like the gods.. We copied them..

Lord of the Rings. Saturn. Kronos. He wasn't the Lord most high after awhile.

I bet they were scary dudes.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne

It's actually quite a philosophical question. As history shows, adornment is a human activity which has persisted throughout known history. Oddly enough, men too have worn high-heels and makeup during various periods.

If we are to accept ourselves for who we are, we must also accept that we are prone to adorn ourselves.

Yup, from the animal Kingdom as well. Although most times it's the male who has the brighter plumage.

In our beginnings, the more a woman was adorned with either trinkets or even simple survival items, the more it showed how strong and wealthy her man was. It then evolved (devolved?)to where we are today where a woman measures her self worth by how others perceive her. Sad really.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Lol buddy she's not doing that for publicity..

She's really like that.. And she's very famous already.

Cool song

My Ex loves Colbie.. She even arranged some of her music for her old acapella group.

1. DID NOT STATE absolutely that it's for publicity. "COULD BE & MOST LIKELY" (OP)

2. Only stated the possibility as I am not familiar with her.

3. Doesn't matter how famous someone is , publicity is ALWAYS the name of the game for many. In this case I'm glad you cleared it up...really.

4. Glad to know that you know her personally through your ex.

5. My name ain't buddy.

Thanks

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

My tone didn't come through the page, should have used a different word lol..

just know I was being playful, not being defensive or anything like that.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

My tone didn't come through the page, should have used a different word lol..

just know I was being playful, not being defensive or anything like that.

Got it, Thanks.

That's the internet for you. We sometimes take things the wrong way because it's not always possible to convey true intent and emotion thru a keyboard and emoticons. We are still human.

Apologies for taking it the wrong way as I should have known better.

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Number 4 made me laugh, thanks buddy! LOL. (could not resist)

Its a shame your leaving ATS soon Jude11. I've enjoyed your replies while lurking plenty of times!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: birhan

Number 4 made me laugh, thanks buddy! LOL. (could not resist)

Its a shame your leaving ATS soon Jude11. I've enjoyed your replies while lurking plenty of times!

Yeah, It'll be a time of withdrawal for sure but I can see it's about time. The site is changing too much for me and there are a few issues of what and who are/is invading the site for their/its own personal agendas that is steering ATS from what it was.

I haven't been here as long as many others but feel it's been my home and that I have helped to shape it at least in some small way that helped others to feel the same.

Damn, getting wet in da eyes here...must be the spring pollen.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

haha good we got that fixed.

And btw I do Like me.. I think I'm awesome.
I say that in the most humbling way of course

You're leaving though?
what why?

EDIT: you already answered my questions.
But you made about 12 more questions pop into my head dontcha know?
edit on 5-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

In all honesty I think the site has not changed much, sure there is the issue with complying with sponsors ( as in not over stepping subject matter bounds that we now have) but I trust the owners to handle it properly.

As for the rift inbetween people it seems to me that at the start when I joined researching and problem solving where traits that people had more room to grow on their own and learn how to use it on Future subjects/topics.

We then whent through what I like to call some dark ages where a group of peoplevpeople would simply do the research and correct others subjects/topics for the new guys.

Suddenly when the researchers started leaving everyone noticed that lack of the ability within the new group and the previous new group.

Imagine if everyone had to learn to make fire and then acquired that troubleshooting skill. Then somebody who learns it comes along and invents lighters, then everyone uses lighters to make fire. What happens when they stop making and selling lighters? Alot of people do alot of dumb things before people relearn from scratch how to make fire again.

Personally I am just waiting for the majority on ats to start learning how to make fires again. The process ofinbetween can be amusing to watch though

LONG LIVE THE LURKERS!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ouch... video gave me wet eyes.

I don't use makeup/do hair, and all that, unless dancing on stage under lights. Hate doing it even then because I feel no amount of makeup will make me look good anyhow, which is bloody sad. Body dysmorphia I suppose but as much as I was always an outsider there was always a part of me staring in, wanting to fit in.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wonderful and inspiring video that all women should see. From the time a woman is a child and has Barbie dolls and movie stars and what-not in their faces, they are made to feel like less than who they really are if they don't live up to certain standards of beauty. Kudos to this artist for inspiring and embracing woman everywhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Jude11

I....like.... You. Lol

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wonderful and inspiring video that all women should see. From the time a woman is a child and has Barbie dolls and movie stars and what-not in their faces, they are made to feel like less than who they really are if they don't live up to certain standards of beauty. Kudos to this artist for inspiring and embracing woman everywhere.

I don't like makeup on women. It might be just me, but I don't like it almost ever. Maybe if I don't notice it and you cover up a pimple.. But other than that if I see it I get kinda turned off.. I am a dude attracted mostly to eyes and lips.. But only when those eyes are telling me your soul and your lips are telling me you want something..

I hate lipstick and gloss..

It's actually one of my "rules"

If a girl wears a lot of makeup.. It's ok.. but if she always does that.. Yuck.. I want to feel your skin silly.. I want to FEEL you............

Quit pretending..

You are probably awesome anyway. And by YOU. I mean all the girls reading this. You might be hotter than you realize.

new topics

top topics

join