It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

intresting mars photos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
these are neat photos and show some good close ups of many areas with some strange looking "man made" annomilies? i think the researcher has jumped to a few many conlusions of some sort of alien presence but its well researched none the less.

www.marsearthconnection.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I agree that the author has jupmed to many conclusions. All his pics look like rocks to me.

It is a great page to look at pics of martian rocks though

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Way too many conclusions.Why would you wanna make sculptures looking upwards?
Not unless you lived in the sky. And anyway from what i understand, the human brain is fashioned in such a way that it recognises faces out of random arrangements.I guess that's just the way our brains are wired.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Lol... That's pretty vague and pressumptive things. Its like zooming a picture so much that its only a single pixel, and then claim its a square formation! Well its true, technically

A particular funny piece is the inca bowl comparison... Its just a freakin crater!!!

[edit on 20-12-2004 by merka]

E_T

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone3d
And anyway from what i understand, the human brain is fashioned in such a way that it recognises faces out of random arrangements.I guess that's just the way our brains are wired.
That's what your brains do almost all the time.
Reading is good example, your brains connect certain color patterns to certain meaning, also brains has to recognize different fonts and so on.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think one of the big failings of websites like the one linked is that they don't understand the scale of the images they're using. In such images, each pixel accounts for meters (or tens of meters) on the ground. Fine detail is lost. Heck, even most large detail is lost.

For reference, here's a satellite image at 1 meter/pixel resolution:

A second, colorized, picture of the same region at 15 meters/pixel resloution:

Now, without cheating, can you tell me if there's anything particularly man-made that stands out to you?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The thingy in the lower right quandrant, that black dot in the stadium-looking white area where the two white squigglies meet. That looks pretty suspect to me...

So what's the image of?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
So what's the image of?

Mount Rushmore
Above and to the left a bit of the area you noticed (the parking lot)

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You know, my first instinct was to say "Parking Lot" but I figured it didn't really -look- like a parking lot, so I changed it to stadium...

Hmmm... cool test.

new topics

top topics

join