It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Weakened Country and It's Guns...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have been following the exploits of this administration since it's appointment in 2000. I laughed back in that day as to how someone so fake, so full of himself could become president. I read any info I could find, mainstream or otherwise, on the actions of this administration. A lot of what they have done is unbelievable to say the least. Lots of rhetoric and double standards. Then getting thrown into this war with Iraq under the most ridiculous circumstances.

But as I continue to read and watch things "progress," it seems as if there is a pattern to this administrations actions. With every move they make, they encourage and spread discourse, division. They make America more dependant on foreign oil. They continue to make decisions that weaken this country's economy. The strive to make the American people weaker while dividing us and making us fight amongst ourselves when they take no personal risk. They isolate us from the world and make us hated as a people. They dumb us down, and show us cleansed news and cleansed images, and feed us tampered elections to keep up the facade of democracy.

Why do they do it? Is it just a matter of circumstance and bad luck that their best intentions are backfiring? Or is it that they intend to weaken this country in all aspects? Is it just an accident that the decisions they make consistently degrade us as a nation in some way? Or is it their true intention of making us rip for the kill?

It has happened before in the past. A nations leader betrays his people. Another war, another invasion, another ending to a country. Given the history of democracies, is it really so far fetched to believe that what is being done to us as a people by our "leaders" is according to plan?

As paranoid as it sounds, it's something to keep in mind considering the history of the man-made world. Maybe it's not such an evil thing to own a gun, or multiple guns. We as a people just may need them in the future to save ourselves from our government...

join