It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What is the point? From what I've read throughout this site is that there are factions, religion in all its wonderful forms being one of them, out there designed to keep the masses docile, distracted, and blissful. I've come to the conclusion that society has become a series of social cliques - if you don't fit in with this demographic then maybe you want to join this one over here. Even ATS serves as a piece of the machine. Are we waiting for something? Are we trying to accomplish something? Is knowing that the world is designed to pull the world over your eyes better than not? Not knocking anything, I'd rather know what's going on, that's why I'm here, but I'm having a hard time seeing what difference it makes when most of the worlds population reveres an invisible man and the president can't define anything past "evil", "mass-destruction" and "American", whatever that last one means.......

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't think there are too many religions keeping anyone blissfull, Buddhism maybe the exception.
I think society has always been in social cliques, ie: the class system.
Are we waiting for something? Yep, some are waiting for the end of the
world, or I should say end of the world as we know it, some are waiting
for Jesus to return, the list in fact is endless.
Lastly I think most people, well most people that I have spoken to anyway,
are just the seekers of truth. ( I might add that everyone loves a good mystery).

new topics

join