It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Police Constable Andy Hocking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Here are the links.

www.dailymail.co.uk... -suddenly-compelling-evidence-type-policing-Britons-want.html

Andy is an example to hold up for all of us in these difficult times. This is the true public response to a decent constable.

The government plan further massive cuts in policing. If this goes ahead we will have to appoint our own constables to keep the peace. That is what we, the people, must have.

The bankers have a different desire. They know the criminal financial system they operate will be increasingly exposed. They desire a mercenary private police force for their own protection. For this to be possible they must attempt to destroy public confidence in the traditional Office of Constable. Hence the dirty media war against the Office of Constable as illustrated by the Hillsborough Black Op. etc.

I ask all of you to think about what part you play in this dirty war. Are you an activist? Will you stand up for reason?

When you see a series of casual comments on news site or forums all blaming 'the police' for a misdeed, ask yourself, was it 'the police'? Or was it individuals each with individual responsibility.

We need to drag this one back from the brink guys. Start bashing away on your keyboards in defence of the Office of Constable.

You wouldn't like the private police, but you would have liked Andy Hocking.

edit on 24 3 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

edit on 24 3 2015 by Kester because: paragraphs

edit on 24 3 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

The local rag.
www.falmouthpacket.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I work as an officer here in the UK and so can best understand the devastating effect government cuts are having. I work in a city and my shift only has 8 officers covering a vast area. Some days I have been the only single crewed officer for an entire city! Can you imagine the butterflies that would give you? Knowing that an entire city is relying solely on you to protect them? I have no gun. Just a stick and some gas. We recently had an officer in my area take his own life. The government wants us to cut millions more in my area alone next year. From where??

I am so pleased you posted a positive and humanistic story about UK police. It is refreshing to see the respect given for Pc Hocking. And to all ATS members who seem intent on this constant (government fuelled) bashing of police officers I humbly request you research properly the subject before jumping on the band wagon. Maybe you could even talk to an officer (if you can find one who isn't dealing with mental health patients, drug related stab victims, domestic violence victims, fights, lost children, lost old people, etc...) and just TALK to them about their life...

Peace

edit on 24-3-2015 by kuraijanai2013 because: bad spelling

edit on 24-3-2015 by kuraijanai2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

A couple of years ago a colleague of mine, and I, chased some jewel thieves who were making a getaway from the jewellers shop down the road from our store. We could not quite catch up to them quick enough to stop them getting in their car, but I was on the phone to the police during the foot-chase leading to their vehicle. When they got in, one of them removed his scarf, and I saw his whole face.

As you would expect, I was interviewed at length, but it took more than TWO WEEKS for a police officer trained in the e-fit program, to be available, by which point of course, memory had started to fade somewhat. I had to go to town centre on the bus twice, just to run through a series of video line ups, none of which featured the man in question. Now, I did not object at all to having to come down to the police station in town centre for that, but I was dismayed to find that the people on the front desk, at the town centre police station, were not, in fact, members of the constabulary, but private contracted persons, in deceptively police like, epaulette toting shirts!

The funding cuts have got to stop, the spending on back of house nonsense has got to stop, the only thing anyone wants our police to do, is be there for us when we need them, in enough numbers to count for something. We do not want them to have Facebook account managers, or social media controllers, or any other such thing. We do not want the bloody NCA to exist, but it does, another cash hole that seems outrageous to me. We want more boots on THIS ground, our ground. We want our police out and about spending shoe leather, and we want our government to spend money on MANPOWER!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Is there any evidence that the police are being privatised?

I don't see the police in my neck of the woods getting less funding as my community charge bill shows a 2% increase to the police. I am not complaining, just stating. Plus crime is reducing in the UK, which is good. Very peaceful where I am and our rural police service is very good, efficient and "seen".

I think some parts of the police service do need to be reformed, including the proportion of senior police to constables.

I also think that the habit (on ATS, for example) to bash the police and cry "police state" at every opportunity is rather sad.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Hence the dirty media war against the Office of Constable as illustrated by the Hillsborough Black Op.

no dirty media war or black op - they are condemned from their own mouths:

The Hillsborough police match commander has agreed he was incompetent and his "mistakes" and "oversight" contributed to the deaths of 96 fans.

link

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Since SIR jimmy savile was exposed and it was revealed that the police had lied to and threatened witnesses who made complaints against him. Then I have no confidence in them. Now another police man says that he was told to drop the cyril smith investigation and it was said that a member of the royal family was involved. Not to mention leon brittan and the elm tree guest house scandal. I think the populaion are losing their trust in the police as it seems there is one rule or law for us the people and another law for the rich and elite.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What has that got to do with the piece by the OP? Those allegations are based on the actions of senior officials not working police constables. Again another opinion off target and sweeping in its generalisation. Honestly, I despair sometimes. Google the officer and read the thread...
a reply to: illuminnaughty

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

Hence the dirty media war against the Office of Constable as illustrated by the Hillsborough Black Op.

no dirty media war or black op - they are condemned from their own mouths:

The Hillsborough police match commander has agreed he was incompetent and his "mistakes" and "oversight" contributed to the deaths of 96 fans.

link

An individual made a split second decision, he has admitted it was his decision and his decision alone. I think he is incredibly brave to do so, but that of course doesn't atone for the tragedy that happened - but don't kid yourself, thrown into the same scenario you may have done exactly the same, and if you hadn't, who knows, the pile up at the turnstyle may have resulted in a number of deaths. Be careful how you judge and please don't make this a 'them' and 'us' argument.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

but don't kid yourself, thrown into the same scenario you may have done exactly the same

Asking Mr Duckenfield about a conversation with the FA chief executive in which he lied about fans forcing an exit gate, Mr Menon said when it "suits you, you can't remember [but] when you want to assert something, your memory is absolutely fine".
"This is one of the strange realities of post-traumatic stress disorder," Mr Duckenfield replied, drawing gasps from the courtroom.

if i did make such a decision i'd have admitted it and accepted the consequences - the police told many lies after the event in order to try and absolve themselves of any blame

i've not even hinted at an us against them argument - but individuals should be responsible for their actions - including police officers of any rank

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

but don't kid yourself, thrown into the same scenario you may have done exactly the same

Asking Mr Duckenfield about a conversation with the FA chief executive in which he lied about fans forcing an exit gate, Mr Menon said when it "suits you, you can't remember [but] when you want to assert something, your memory is absolutely fine".
"This is one of the strange realities of post-traumatic stress disorder," Mr Duckenfield replied, drawing gasps from the courtroom.

if i did make such a decision i'd have admitted it and accepted the consequences - the police told many lies after the event in order to try and absolve themselves of any blame

i've not even hinted at an us against them argument - but individuals should be responsible for their actions - including police officers of any rank

And this individual has made himself responsible for the action, and the events that unfolded. You said 'they' as though you meant a collective, whilst this was an individual hence my comment about us and them.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The Government can fiddle the figures however they want. What you will find is that it is their Home Office counting rules that the police have to go by and tells them how to record crime, so you will hear all sorts of figures bandied about which make them look good before the election. Afterwards the true figures will come out.
My county's police have had to save £20 million and for a small force that is horrendous.
Also, all you see in our msm is what the government tell them to put in. Every day you see stories headlined as Police this and police that but hardly ever see what good jobs they do....well its not so exciting is it?
I believe that 99 out of every 100 cops are there for the right reason and do their best but its the one bad apple that spoils it for the rest.
The good old British bobby has gone...sad,but true

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Hillsborough comment wasn't very helpful as this was 40 years ago, but us British are good at bringing up stuff from years ago and blame someone. We could say that catching the Yorkshire Ripper was excellent policing, but i'm sure if you looked into that case there were some made up statements or changed their notes...it was just the way it was back then! I'm not saying it is right just that we all did things differently 40 years ago

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You said 'they' as though you meant a collective, whilst this was an individual hence my comment about us and them.

i can't see how you can interpret 'they' to mean every single serving police officer in the country, and if you have you are mistaken

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yes I guess the genuine local bobby is alright as this one appears to be. I wonder if he ever did any over time, going to other parts of the UK for a day an dressing him self up in mufti`s. Like they did when the miners were fighting back against the paedo enabler maggy and her friends in govt. I keep hearing that its all historic and that today things have changed for the better. Then I think back a short while and what was the name of that e PC , Simon Harwood? who killed that guy walking past a demo with his hands in his pockets? As I said there seems to be one law for us the people and another for the elitist types.

top topics

join