It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£3,200 for one nights work?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Money is worthless.

Obviously not since you got a key for some pieces of paper deemed to have value.

As for the OP, you do what you feel makes the most sense for you. I on the other hand don't feel that spending twelve years of schooling for that amount of money is worth it.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
i,m sorry but that kind of money for a nights work when you know their nights work is heres a few tablets and if they don,t work then make appointment with your local doc and he,ll see you when he can.

i know my american friends are going to come in on this since they have to pay for their own medical bills but in britain to be paid that kind of money for one nights work is actually pretty shocking for fact they do nothing.

i,ll lay it out where i found it just for the prove it squad.

news.sky.com...

Doctors are one of the few proffesions that deserve every penny they earn.

Go after the council members and NHS admistrator that earn 6 figure +

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The doctor did not receive the £3,200 the hospital trust paid for the shift.

The real problem here is the modern snakeoil salesmen, the underqualified and greedy parasite in the equation is the recruitment firm that would have received at least 50% of the total payment.

The real leeches are the recruitment industry that creams off a very high margin for acting as middleman. Some transactions require more than one such agent, each wanting their slice of the pie.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The two are wholly unrelated. A footballer's worth is what the market is willing to pay. Don't like it? Have a go at all the football fans. Get them to donate their season tickets to some hospital charity or something. Go find a doctor that Nike is prepared sponsor them to wear Nike trainers in the operating theater. Or perhaps ask Sky Sports if they would be interested in televising a hip replacement.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Dont know about anyone else, but i prefer my Doctor to be having a good nights kip before he starts making decisions about my well being. No-one in that job should be making medical decisions anywhere near the 20th hour never mind 24.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
No-one in that job should be making medical decisions anywhere near the 20th hour never mind 24.

You may sleep but sickness doesn't.

If you end up ill at 02:00 am you will likely be very grateful a doctor was working the night shift.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't really think we have the right to complain about what people who SAVE LIVES make when there are people in professional sports who make millions in a single game. When we have politicians who rake in millions. When we have do-nothing CEOs with millions in salaries, and more in benefits. When we have actors who are worth hundreds of millions.

If anything, doctors deserve more, compared to these buffoons.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
No-one in that job should be making medical decisions anywhere near the 20th hour never mind 24.

You may sleep but sickness doesn't.

If you end up ill at 02:00 am you will likely be very grateful a doctor was working the night shift.

As far as i know or have experienced nightshift usually last 12 hours not 24, dont get me wrong, i have clocked in on the Monday and never clocked out again until midday Wednesday but i didn't have important medical decisions to make. i think i walked out with just under £400 that week..

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Seems pretty reasonable to me. I spent 3 nights in the hospital a couple years ago...it cost just under $45,000.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I don't really think we have the right to complain about what people who SAVE LIVES make when there are people in professional sports who make millions in a single game. When we have politicians who rake in millions. When we have do-nothing CEOs with millions in salaries, and more in benefits. When we have actors who are worth hundreds of millions.

If anything, doctors deserve more, compared to these buffoons.

The travesty in the UK is the fact there a people in non clinical jobs raking in far more than the hard working doctors and nurses.

There is a a lot of Pork in our NHS that needs trimming.

I really want to start a NHS thread but wont because of certain buffoons who will turn it into UK verse US thread.
edit on 24-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Says a lot when a 'sportsman' is held in higher esteem and more

valued than a Doctor who can be required to make life and death

decisions

Not held in higher esteem but the competition between teams, ad revenue merchandising...sport is what sport is...BTW I dont watch any sports.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join