It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cat who thinks he's a dog and performs dog tricks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Performs classic tricks like jumping through hoops and weaving through poles

Meet the barking mad cat who thinks he's a dog.

Teddi, a six-year-old Siberian tom, is able to jump through hoops, perform various greetings and weave in and out of poles just like a trained hound.

Owner Barbara Connor, 55, has taught him how to do 20 tricks, all more traditionally associated with canines.

Her cat's antics have been viewed by thousands of people from around the globe on the moggy's dedicated Youtube channel called 'Teddie's Tricks'.

She said: 'How long it takes to teach Teddi new tricks depends on what type of skill it is. Giving the high five or shaking hands, he had them within a couple of days.

'But some of them like where he goes round and round in a circle, that took him four months to do it without tempting him with a treat.

'He's currently practising his piano skills for a new music video. He's obviously banging about on the keyboard but he looks the part.'

My cat was very dog-like as well. She loved playing fetch. She would bring a small mouse toy, and if you tossed it, she would bring it back to you and expect you to throw it again. She also liked digging holes in the backyard and wouldn't stay near them, but my sister's dog would hang around the holes, so my sister thought her dog was making the holes. That is until the day she found my cat in the act! LOL Unbelievably, my cat even liked chasing cars. Instead of meowing all the time, now and then she made a trill like a Tribble from Star Trek. Go figure.

I love animals who behave outside the norm, so to speak. I even have a dog who sometimes acts like a cat. She even makes a meow sound now and then. LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
My cat on a rare occasion will chew a stick nearby the dog, when the dog is also chewing one. It seems like a gesture to join in/ be accepted. He's done it with different dogs, not that the dogs notice, but I think it shows a novel thought process outside of normal behavior.

Another animal I just recently learned can do agility training like dogs are rabbits... who would have thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
My cat on a rare occasion will chew a stick nearby the dog, when the dog is also chewing one. It seems like a gesture to join in/ be accepted. He's done it with different dogs, not that the dogs notice, but I think it shows a novel thought process outside of normal behavior.

Another animal I just recently learned can do agility training like dogs are rabbits... who would have thought.

How adorable! My cat was a stray we found stuck up in a tree in a neighbors yard, so who knows if she learned it from a dog, or if it was ingrained in her. I had a cat before her that was an Australian half breed, that was very dog like, but it was in their nature to be like that, so I expected it was of Sasha. When she would do dog-like things, it didn't shock me. This one was a Heinz 57 cat. LOL Lord only knows what breed she was.

new topics

join