It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Flash in Orion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: LetsGoViking

Hard to tell if its "perfectly circular" and covered "half a degree" if the duration was only "half a second".

Not really. While it may not have been mathematically perfect, it was circular as opposed to ovoid or some other shape. As to the size, once again a close ball park. It was approximately the size of a full moon (30 arc seconds or .5 degrees) in area, and very brief. I am used to the area of the moon as it traverses the region, so I am comfortable with the size estimate as well as the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium
Here possible location just below orion

Thanks for the image...nice work. It was further north and north west. If you drew a line from Alnitak (the first star in the Belt) to Saiph, it was halfway between the two, on the line.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, that doesn't exactly sound like seeing a meteor flash out directly towards you ... the length of time, if accurate, would tend to exclude a meteor flash.

I've seen whitish-blue flashes.. .very, very quick ones... and guessed either meteor at the edge of vision or cosmic rays striking my cornea.

This just sounds less explainable...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Maybe it was a launching laser, only they blew the fuse and haven't got it repaired yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I saw a recording of something very much like what you describe on another forum a while back, but I can't remember where I saw it. It looked almost like massive fireworks in space. The consensus was that it was most likely something very fast entering the atmosphere at a very steep angle.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Lookstwice because: For clarity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join