It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomb of ‘Gatekeeper of God Amun’ unearthed in Luxor :

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Egyptian tomb painters used oil lamps, and to stop the oil from smoking, salt was mixed in with the oil, I wonder what bright spark figured that out?

Salt, eh? I've never heard of that. Quite ingenious! Thanks for the information!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I often wonder if that part in Indiana Jones with all the mirrors to light up the tombs was a real deal or just added .

Wasn't that "The Mummy" with Brendan Fraser?

Harte

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I often wonder if that part in Indiana Jones with all the mirrors to light up the tombs was a real deal or just added .

Wasn't that "The Mummy" with Brendan Fraser?

Harte

I always hated Brendan Fraser. Lol. But yeah, it was The Mummy.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Most examples of Egyptian artworks like this seem to follow a strict theme adherence. Almost as if this style was intended to be viewed with contextual expectations.

If you look ate the people following the animal, its one person, two people, then three holding the rope. The sets seem to pose exactly as its overlap does. Guess a story teller from the time would be needed for a walk thru of the true symbolism of this picture book-mural.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Beautiful artwork. the skin color of the ancient Egyptians is well displayed in the paintings as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join