It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are T-rays: Next step in science evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They can see through clothing, plastic and packaging well enough to identify explosives, guns or even biological weapons instantly and accurately.
They have the potential to become a powerful new weapon in the fight against crime and can also penetrate bad weather, dust or smoke better than infrared or visible systems.

They can even detect diseases such as cancer.

Welcome to the cutting edge of radio and optical science, TeraHertz Rays, or T-rays, discovered a century ago, but developed into a useable technology only within the last few years and about to be showcased by an international conference in Australia this week.

Leading scientists from Australia, the United States, Europe and Asia will share the latest advances in the technology at the conference, sponsored by the Australian government's Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) at Adelaide University on Thursday and Friday.

english.aljazeera.net...

I've heard of this but this sounds better than I had understood.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Another use of technology to exploit power in spite of the people. Another high energy electromagnetic spectra to be detected and processed to give visual deterance and physical pleasure for customs, but this technology will also be as sinister as most other *protection schemes in place*, I can think of one on this already, The high energy waves that are emitted to pass through some plastics and materials will have to be absorbed into the materials like plastic to some extent to make an input for the machines, this therefore means that it will ionise our cells causing another way to get cancer, *sigh*

some regards from l_iam

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'd heard of T-rays before and they are an interesting subject.

However, was al-brassier-a the only place you could find any real information on this?

IMHO, better to try a google search for a more legitimate news source and you'll find links like this: www.lbl.gov...

join