It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Resumes for Employment Search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am pleased to announce the launch of my own website! After struggling for a year to find employment, I realized the job searching process is in dire need of new ideas.

Since most communication is nonverbal, post your video resume so that you can directly explain your skills and work history to employers. Just indicate that you are looking for work within a certain number of miles of a zip code and when an employer searches for a zip code, the top ranked employees show up with the skills they are looking for. The employer then pays $0.99 to get in contact with the person seeking work.

Please share if you think this is a good idea and tell everyone you can about the need for video resumes in the job search. There are currently millions of people looking for work and huge barriers where job seekers have to submit hundreds of resumes to online job postings while the odds of actually having the employer look at your information is slim.

Put Me To Use - Where you can put your skills to use again!
www.putmetouse.com

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: apcbm4

Something like this....?

www.videoresumes.us.com...

The entertainment industry has been using video auditions for quite some time. I have never gotten a gig thru one though.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If you want to know how it should be done, try this one.

Video Resume

Damn that was good. I would hire her in a minute.

P

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: apcbm4

Being done already...especially the entertainment business for well over 20 years now. In my experience...most if not all employers wouldnt pay to look at resumes. They don't need to. Not when there are millions of prospects of unemployed available for hire..

Also...its said you shouldn't judge a book by its cover...and Im afraid that's what would happen when employers see the person applying ie: young, old, clothes, attitude, speaking ability etc.

Sad...but we are a visual society. And I know a zillion musical groups with a killer sound and potential...were not even considered for employment because of the way the LOOKED.

And the prospective employers for SURE were not gonna PAY to determine that!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the feedback everyone. That first website only has 98 members, so the idea of video resumes doesn't seem to have gone viral yet

Here's the part of the job search that needs revolutionizing - sites like Monster.com will charge maybe $300 for one job posting and then the employer has to hope the right person applies. Most small businesses probably couldn't afford that cost and that's a very passive way of looking for an employee.

On the flip side, when you are applying for jobs, you have to submit to hundreds of openings because you know your paper resume will be automatically filtered out with software that detects if your resume has specific words. One of the other features of the website is the job seeker enters their skills and can say he or she is looking for work within "x" miles of a zip code. Then, when an employer searches for their zip code and skills that they need for the jobs, several candidates are displayed in their search.

With regards to not hiring someone because of judging the book by the cover, you'll have to eventually meet the person making the hiring decision in real life anyways, right? So, that bias in the hiring system is inevitable at some point anyways.

top topics

join