It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow forecast for ALL 50 states: Records continue to tumble as the country experiences coldest month

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Climate change? Global warming? OK...sure. How about human caused Earth Shifts, human caused Sky Watering or human caused Organism Growth. Those are just as important and I shall follow in Gore's footsteps to make a mint of these brand new, extremely important and completely irrelevant concerns. My hate list is topped by Obama, but my "far too pitiful and irrelevant" list is topped by Al Gore.

EXCELSIOR!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

source

Well...it isn't quite global then is it? And it isn't quite warming if it is cold. So you switch to "Climate Change"? From my point of view, if you call it one thing and then call it another, you really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I'm not a climatologist. My point is that both extremes are happening at once. The national average temperature for January and February is lower than it has been because of this enduring cold snap, which isn't happening everywhere, is so intense. Globally, is a different story, the global temperature remains higher than the 20th century average.

The article makes it seem as if the entire US is below freezing and buried or about to be buried in snow... I'm simply stating that it's not the case.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

source

Well...it isn't quite global then is it? And it isn't quite warming if it is cold. So you switch to "Climate Change"? From my point of view, if you call it one thing and then call it another, you really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Except it is... if the global temperature continues to remain higher than the previous normal, then the globe is warming isn't it? Our new normal is 1.8F higher than the previous normal. What would you call that?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

New York was warned back in 2004 "Day After Tommorow". Their problem for not prepping. Vladimir Putin, on the other hand is about to get the field advantage.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

source

Except it is... if the global temperature continues to remain higher than the previous normal, then the globe is warming isn't it? Our new normal is 1.8F higher than the previous normal. What would you call that?

That depends on a number of things. It isn't the norm just because it happens once. It isn't man made if it has happened prior to industry. And if next year we are down 1.9F then would you say you were wrong? Of course not...you would simply call it Global Cooling with the same goals...control and money. Or maybe I should say THEY instead of YOU.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Eunuchorn

California yesterday. Half an inch on top of my truck in just over an hour.

It must be pretty bad there since apparently the wind is blowing the snow sideways and blew all the cars up against a wall.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Snow in California? I'll believe it when I see it.

There is snow in the California mountains every winter. Which in this case means it's normal. But the rest of the USA is experiencing historic cold weather, you can't deny that.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well it snowed at Huntington Beach, Ca the other day. So, I'd have to say that that is extremely unnatural to happen any where in Orange County, let alone at the beach.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
87 today I don't think snow is in the foreseeable future here.

We may get some rain Sunday though.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I've got five weather alerts on my Qualcomm for this area. Everything from flooding in Kentucky, to a foot of snow South of Columbus.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I need weather alerts for my area except I want them to alert me when they will be beautiful days like today so I can prepare by buying extra beer and charcoal for the grill.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

I have a problem with everyone being brainwashed by the media and politics.

What brainwashing. The predominant theme in the media is of skepticism. Politicians have been avoiding the issue for years. Look at every climate summit that results in lots of words and naff all actions. The only brainwashing is people like you who listen to politicians going on and on about the need to take action on climate change and you seem to believe they are actually doing something. They are doing precisely NOTHING!!

So tell me again, why isn't it called global warming anymore?

Because dumb people can't tell the difference between weather and climate.

I have no doubts about climate change. It is always changing.

And if it is being detrimentally changed and we are the cause what then?

The ozone layer is also changing, every season. Does this mean that when we determined it was changing detrimentally due to our actions we should have done nothing !!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!

Stupid argument that.

I guess you would be one of the people that jumped off a bridge just because 97% of everybody else does.

What a contrived nonsensical argument. Typical of a denier though.

Remember that mainstream GLOBAL WARMING started the whole "lets freak the masses out campaign" to begin with.

There you go gain with this mythical "freaking" nonsense, mythical "campaigns". You forgot to mention the mythical "taxes".......why? Got tired of that line?

One more time, why did it shift ftom GLOBAL WARMING to CLIMATE CHANGE?

"Global warming" is a tabloid headline. It's always been climate change. As I have stated before it only takes a little flurry of snow and the dumb people can't understand how the world can be warming.
edit on 4/3/2015 by yorkshirelad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

It didnt snow, it hailed.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

source

That depends on a number of things. It isn't the norm just because it happens once. It isn't man made if it has happened prior to industry. And if next year we are down 1.9F then would you say you were wrong? Of course not...you would simply call it Global Cooling with the same goals...control and money. Or maybe I should say THEY instead of YOU.

Well duh... temperature norms are determined in terms of at minimum a decade, one year isn't an indication of any trend. And just because warming happened before doesn't mean it always has to be the same thing. There's several things that can change the climate, humans adding greenhouse gases to the atmosphere happens to be one.
edit on 3/4/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
An Alaskan's epic response to Inhofe's ridiculous snowball stunt;

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Tell the farmers in California where the worst drought in 2,000 years is taking place that there’s nothing to worry about. It kills me how so many folks who know nothing about what they’re talking about can have such strong opinions.

I think the GOP is the most dangerous of the science denial cults out there. They play on the vulnerability of the gullible masses by repeating over and over again their baseless claims of distrust in the scientific community and research being done. Consequently, the public is losing the faith it once had in the scientific community. Our so-called leaders are perpetuating a dangerous, fraudulent disservice to the people, all to line their own greedy pockets. Meanwhile, their devoted, though ignorant, constituents keep re-electing them. I think our Congress would make the Mafia blush at their tactics.

The GOP openly hates the EPA and rejects any/all evidence brought forward to support the Climate Change scenario. They are clearly in denial and choose to ignore scientific research into the matter. Hence, they attempt to pass legislation to minimize the impact of legitimate scientific studies on climate change in order to shield the fossil fuel industry from adhering to sensible regulations of their practices.

Of particular interest is the Republican effort to “improve” the EPA’s Science Advisory Board. This recently proposed legislation would, among other things, prevent EPA experts in a given field from participating in “advisory activities.” Talk about bizarre – for example, if a state does an investigation into smog, the EPA experts who’ve conducted research on smog would be legally barred from offering guidance.

In the GOP bill proposal, members of the EPA’s Science Advisory Board would be prohibited, by law, from considering research on climate science from a variety of sources, including the U.S. Global Change Research Program’s National Climate Assessment. Dave Roberts, of GIST, offered the following comment:

So, when considering what to do about carbon pollution, EPA may not consider what America’s best scientists have concluded about it, what an international panel of scientists has concluded about it, how the federal government has officially recommended calculating its value, or the most comprehensive solutions for it. […]

As I’ve said many, many, many times, most Americans have no idea how bats**t crazy the House GOP has gone…. It’s amusing in its own dark way, but it’s not a sitcom or a satire. It’s real life.

Believe it or not, though, it gets even worse.

The House will likely pass this proposal, at which point it goes to the Senate, where it will be considered by the Senate Environment Committee Chairman James Inhofe (R-Okla.) – the guy who believes snowballs in the winter disprove climate science.

The odds of President Obama signing this bill into law are nil. What it illustrates quite clearly, though, is how the House Republican agenda rolls. Screw science, screw the environment, screw the best interests of the people and “Hail to the Chief (Exxon-Mobile)!”

Enough is enough. This kind of idiocy must be ended. We Americans are paying these fools good money to provide for our well being and guide our nation in a somewhat forward direction. I say it’s no longer good enough that these jokers simply need to win an election to assume office. They should also be required to clear an additional set of hurdles. Now, here’s my proposal: once elected, and before officially being sworn into office, all “potential” representatives of the people must also pass both a psychological assessment and an I.Q. test. Individuals showing obvious symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia, or of being on the verge of a psychotic breakdown, or openly obssessing over the genitals of small children and/or farm animals, or having an I.Q. below 60 should be deemed unfit for service. Just think, if we implemented this practice it would easily eliminate half the Congress. Once these turds are removed from the punch bowl, good times and smooth sailing will sweep through America like 350 million simultaneous orgasms, the middle class will come roaring back full throttle, all while the American Dream ressurects from the ashes of corporate excess and dirty politics. All you would see of the Koch Bros. and Sheldon Adelson would be a hazy blur of a--holes and elbows as they run screaming for the hills.

I know...I know... Can’t blame a guy for dreaming, though, can you? I guess that was a tiny bit overkill. Tell you what, I’ll waive the psychological assessments, but I hold firm on the I.Q. test. That, in itself, would still have a considerable impact. I’ll even lower the bar to eliminate only I.Q.’ scores under 50. I think this would be more than fair enough. It would allow, for instance, a “mildly mentally retarded” pedophile to serve the country, but draws the line at “moderately mentally retarded”. This way most of our beloved leaders would be retained, much to the chagrin of a few rightly nervous farm animals, while still eliminating a significant tonage of legitimate dead weight in Congress.

That’s it for my “rant of the day”. I feel much better now. ..

God Bless America!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join