It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Freezing Homeless Child! (Social Experiment)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: intrptr

Amazing isn't it how those with less give more,…...and the trapping of money,the more you have the harder you try to hang on to it,a little like an illness of sorts ..

Its not their fault really, its a life time of conditioning they have been given to be ambitious and "successful", to fear "failure".

no....it's a lifetime of being screwed over by people that you trusted WERE telling you the truth, and not trying to scam you.....for me, it was learning that the head of the Red Cross makes $500,000 a year just in salary, or the raggedy guy panhandling, fold up his cardboard sign, walk a block, and get into his 6 or 7 year old Toyota Camry and drive away, or a tip jar in starbucks, or my niece asking me for 1,000 loan, because she owed money to a loan shark, and then finding out she used it for a vacation trip...never got that money back, by the way

Come live wth me under a bridge baby, I'll show you poor. Don't judge them all by the few that 'burned' you.

The 'needy' you see are in civilized areas sometimes scamming for drug money, yes. Thats not where you find the really needy people.

They don't panhandle. Go to a recycle center, sit and watch them come and go, their bikes and carts piled with garbage sacks filled with redemption value soda cans and water bottles. They work hard to scratch a subsistence, harder than you ever have.

Edit: Oh and yah, totally agree with charity scam. Some are corporations giving back less than 5 percent what they earn.

These are corporations run like businesses. I spent years living on the street, none of these ever offered me or others anything.

Salvation Army Headquarters
edit on 25-9-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

maybe they saw the guy with the camera or recognized it as a social experiment or scam or at cetera?

It's possible, the bar is set so low these days that anything goes.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There's something wrong with people. The lack of Humanity is insulting. People have always been inherently selfish and self serving but it seems to have hit a new summit within this generation. Were this a smaller town, this probably would never have happened.

The deeper into a City you go, the less charity you seem to see, unless it's Christmas time.

Behavioral sink comes to mind when I look at cities these days, once the population density reaches tipping point I see no reason why people will not act out just like the rats did in the experiment.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join