It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria’s Christians Fight Back. "David vs. Goliath"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
In northern Syria, a small band of Assyrian Christians are defending their people -- and their religious identity -- from the Islamic State and Assad alike.

Talk about David vs. Goliath. I said good for them!

foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm glad they are defending themselves, even though it seems to go against the "turn the other cheek" thing.

Too bad if western Christians were to join in and help, the middle east would shout,"Crusaders!" and they'd be compared with ISL or some other extremists.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

It's about damn time they grew a set and did something. They need to stop seeing themselves as victims and step up to the plate and put a stop to the madness en masse.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Sounds like this dude has been fighting for two and a half years already.......jeeze these people have even taken part in the relief of the Yazidis....and rout of ISIS from Kurdish and Assyrian territory....what else do you think they should be doing oh armchair quarterback?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I'm glad they are defending themselves, even though it seems to go against the "turn the other cheek" thing.

Too bad if western Christians were to join in and help, the middle east would shout,"Crusaders!" and they'd be compared with ISL or some other extremists.

Turn the other cheek is is for VERBAL ASSAULTS. Its not applicable when you are defending your or anothers life. WHy does everyone fail to realize that it does not mean to let yourself get beaten and killed?

new topics

top topics

join