It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A deeper Meaning...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I wasn�t sure where to put this post so if the moderators feel it should be moved then go right ahead. I have noticed that most of my posts go into this part of the board anyway. I found this article that touches on a lot of topics that are discussed on the board. We are humans seem to always search for a deeper meaning. Some of us feel that we know enough and stop searching. As for my self I am still searching even though now I really don�t know what I�m looking for. I have been paying very close attention to my dreams lately trying to remember and figure out what my sprit is trying to tell me. I hope that one day I do find my path and fulfill my purpose here. I really don�t like having a mindless job and being a slave to the system. Living paycheck to pay check and being in debit for the rest of my life. All I need to survive is already given to me but I choose to live in the comforts of society. Anyway before I start babbling on here is the link to the article. Hope you all like it. Tell me what you think.

But if I regard the world as evil, then there is much to fear indeed.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm going to speak to your post based on my set of beliefs, so please understand that.

I believe there are exactly two avenues that if we concentrate on we can become the fulfillment of what we could be spiritually.

1. The Vertical Path

The relationship with the Creator, the Father, the Divine One. If we put this path first, the second path becomes so much easier. Our relationship - i.e. our spiritual growth according to the will of the Creator - empowers us to be the human that we need to be.

2. The Horizontal Path

Empowered by the vertical path, we become the steward to all that is around us. We show the spirit of God through our relationship with fellow human beings and through our stewardship of the natural resources around us. We become the image of God's mercy, love and grace by the way we treat our fellow humans. And our path horizontally can spark another human's vertical path.

Interestingly enough, for me, I find that the union of the vertical and the horizontal creates the sign of the cross - and for me, Christ is the combiner - via the example of his life and his sacrifice - that helps me take the vertical path's power and apply it to my horizontal path.

Irrespective of your belief system, you can see when studying the atrocities of history, that had people apply the power and knowledge and FAITH form the vertical path, the wrong-doings committed in the horizontal could never have been allowed to happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
P.S. My favorite prayer for others is this one, and it is so appropriate right now because of what you are seeking.

"I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love. I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

Ephesians 3: 16-19

[edit on 12-17-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thanx Valhall I think eventually I will find what I am looking for. I feel the sprit/energy all around me. Sometimes I see it to, but that is another discussion.

new topics

top topics

join