It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we here to master the elements?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So I was thinking about what our true potential could be if humanity started moving in the right direction and it dawned on me... If we all began seeing ourselves together and began operating as a unit we could master the elements. We could learn to eventually manipulate all matter and take this existence to the next level.

What do you think?
edit on 2/20/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Honestly, never. But, possible. Ha... just realized that's a contradiction. Ahh, humans...

If television promoted it, then, absolutely :/
edit on 20-2-2015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Every human being is composed of all the elements. A person who has mastered himself has in fact mastered the elements of which he is composed.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Its dangerous to do that, you are dealing with a natural system of order that is founded upon some very intricate processes, you might even upset the balance to the extent that it can cause a catastrophe.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

No single work of genius or major contribution to the well being of humanity has ever been achieved by any group.

All advancement and mature philosophical development is born of individual comprehension, vision and action.

I don't denounce, decry or have any contempt for hopeful wishes for a better man but, I do forewarn against any attempt to make better men.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

LOL Do you see what I did there? jk

Yes, I think I agree. Collective unconscious become collective conscious. We need more Earthly, no-territory persuasions. A common threat (ISIS), a common goal (one world, New Age), a loving acceptance of diversity and multiculturalism (big pot of various traditions and wisdom put to use as solutions for various Earthly problems i.e. shamanic and spiritual, herbal/botanical, alternative lifestyles and diets etc).

I am not sure how to achieve that. But in terms of education, I know from personal experience, in my more sparkling youth, that lots of exposure to nature documentaries can help shift modern materialistic mindsets. Documentaries like David Attenborough's 'Planet Earth' and 'Life' series, which showcase the diversity of different ecosystems and the intricacies of life in its various forms, in association with the different countries of the planet and how humans of all races and creeds interact with nature. Also 'comparative mythology' education like Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung, who highlighted the commonalities of different religions, in a way that brings out spiritual wisdom in the form of metaphor that transcends language, to help people see how we can unify in a way that is beyond ideology and favors a more experiential type of spirituality. The latter is often utilized in movies like Star Wars, and can help unify the collective, but it is all under-the-table and subconscious.

The unifying narrative needs to unfold in the mass media, somehow. Starting with a type of "getting together" over current events (world disasters and things like ISIS, for example). Also, people desperately crave more social types of interactions on a larger group level where we can all be together and on common ground, like a sporting event - but something more meaningful than simply hockey, basketball, football etc.

A new sport, maybe?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Its dangerous to do that, you are dealing with a natural system of order that is founded upon some very intricate processes, you might even upset the balance to the extent that it can cause a catastrophe.

Oil is the result of mass extinction and death, proof that there is no natural system of order or balance. Without this sort of catastrophe and chaos, nature wouldn't be what it currently is.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

we already master the elements. Reality is entirely subjective. Elements are part of that reality. Everything you experience is a product of your own consciousness.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

I really enjoyed reading your post. thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think we are here to master our mind

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That is true, but there are still "systems" present in nature, lets say we build a device to control the weather and it goes horribly wrong, perhaps we might just be responsible for our own extinction one day, and also I guess we would also pave the way for others to take over...

new topics

top topics

join